fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Question regarding PMP Application

Question regarding PMP Application 3 years 7 months ago #23045

• Harleen Anand
  • Harleen Anand's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 4 year Bachelor's degree. however, while filling the PMP application, it is considering it as a Secondary degree. Shouldn't this be considered as a 4 year degree with minimum of 36 months of unique non-overlapping professional project management experience?

Question regarding PMP Application 3 years 7 months ago #23049

• Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP
  • Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Dear Harleen.

I hope that I have understood your question, so let me try and answer it.

If you already have a 4-year bachelors degree in project management then your explanation makes sense. But if your degree is in another field, then you need to show PMI how that relates to the 36 months of unique non-overlapping professional project management experience. Be that as it may, professional experience and academic qualifications are normally entered separately while filling in the PMP application form. You need to show both academic and professional experience to be allowed by PMI to sit the PMP.
Eric Wanyutu
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login