fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP practice question

PMP practice question 3 years 7 months ago #23044

• wysiwug07
  • wysiwug07's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Q A project manager finds several inconsistencies between project deliverables and sponsor expectations. To ensure alignment, what should the project manager develop?
a. Stakeholder engagement plan
The stakeholder engagement plan is a component of the project management plan that identifies the strategies and actions required to promote productive involvement of stakeholders in decision making and execution.

b. Risk register

c. Communications management plan

d. Work breakdown structure (WBS)

I chose D as my answer as I thought that during planning wbs is not created that's why there are so many inconsistency. Please advice why ans choice A is correct . Thanks is advance.

PMP practice question 3 years 7 months ago #23075

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi,

while I agree on the benefits of creating a WBS to ensure a full coverage of the project scope (remember the 100% rule), the focus of this question is on inconsistencies between project deliverables and sponsor expectations. There is no way to identify stakeholders expectations from the WBS, which are instead identified and monitored through the stakeholder engagement plan.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: wysiwug07
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login