fbpx

Reply: Room requirements for online exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Room requirements for online exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23448

Kassandra Cobb-Nwadigo

Big Congrats Karen, Iam now on this same journey. Thank you for sharing.
3 years 6 months ago #23385

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Awesome: congratulations, Karen!
And thanks for taking the time to follow up on the forum!

Gabriella
3 years 6 months ago #23269

Karen

's Avatar

Hi guys,

I just sat my exam, passed.

Alexandra - the online proctoring instructions about the room were something like to take a photo facing your desk, from the back of your desk, of the side of the room left of your desk, and of the side of the room right of your desk. Didn't have any issues with it, followed the instructions and I chose the option of uploading to the proctoring website. No proctor intervention at all. I cleared the room of stuff as much as possible.

Gabriella - thanks so much for your help!!! Pearson Vue's email response was pretty much to RTFM (read the website). Glad I phoned them up to ask them specifically about OnVue. I ended up drawing the curtains to be on the safe side, open plan dining room, and had lights all on when it was fully daylight outside.
3 years 7 months ago #23037

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Karen and Alexandra,
I feel you: I was very anxious about this, too. I also decided to take the exam in my bedroom, because it was the only room I knew I would have no distractions. And in the end had no problem at all.
I had to send 4 photos of my workspace, taken both facing the desk and from the back of it, as well as from both sides. In the instructions, they show you from where to take each of the four photos, approximately.
As a precaution, I removed everything I had on my nightstands and dresser - even if nothing was within arm's reach. I put a desk and a chair in the bedroom, but had nothing around me or under the desk, so I cannot really tell whether it is acceptable. I know that items on the walls are subject to inspection, but again I have no experience with this kind of inspection.

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #23035

Karen

's Avatar

Ok Gabriella, I called PearsonVUE. The person answering my questions said I could do my exam in the dining room with windows, open plan with adjoining wall. Closing the door is for no distractions. I am so hoping the proctor is consistent with this for my exam.

Alexandra - on the phone they only kept mentioning nothing within arm's reach, and no notes/folders/whiteboard etc visible. But I know what you mean! The physical testing centres are so strict/sterile that I keep thinking am I missing something with preparing the environment to sit the exam online
3 years 7 months ago #23034

Alexandra Van Praag

I read that you can't have anything within arms reach. i am taking my exam in my bedroom because it's the only place I can close the door but I am concerned about how much other stuff is in there. Nothing within arms reach but there is a TV and a printer etc. I have boxes under my desk and another printer on top. I am wondering what kind of photos they ask for? Is it facing the computer? or is it looking behind you? I have a clothes rail that i was thinking of covering with a sheet? I'm nervous!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login