fbpx

Reply: Initiating - Identify stakeholder question on PMP simulator

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Initiating - Identify stakeholder question on PMP simulator

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22889

Viswa Kathir

Hi,
Refer page 505, it tells about what are the scenarios in which stakeholder update can happen,
1. During the phase change of the Project
2.During a significant Change in Organisation / Stakeholder community
These points justfies the right answer to be 'D', to my knowledge.

Thanks,
Vishwa
3 years 7 months ago #22888

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

I believe you may be overthinking this one. Identifying stakeholders can occur at any point in the project. In this case, there could be new parties to the agreement (as stated on pg. 510). This makes D the best answer in this case.
3 years 7 months ago #22881

Jia Bin Tang

Hi,

The question asked (question ID: 612814):
a project's supplier merges with one of its largest companies. The new larger company issues a memo that states that they are honoring all existing contracts. The project manager determines that the risks with the contract have been reduced by having a larger company as a supplier.

What is the best course of for the project manager?
A. Remove all the risks associated with the original supplier from the risk register
B. Do nothing as all existing contracts remain unchanged
C. Update the procurement management plan with the details of the new supplier
D. Review the stakeholder register and revise it as necessary

While I do agree with the answer that mentions D as there bound to be additional stakeholders or updates required to the stakeholder register, what I find confusing was the reference where it mentioned page 510 of the PMBOK guide. However, it seems that when I refer to the PMBOK page 510, it seems to be referring to the inputs for the Identify Stakeholder process. The nearest I could find was on page 514, but under "Change request":

During the first iteration of identifying stakeholders, there will not be any change requests.
As stakeholder identification continues throughout the project, new stakeholders, or new information about stakeholders, may result in a change request to the product, project management plan, or project documents.

Is this the correct interpretation? Or is there anywhere I am missing of why page 510 is referred?

Edited update: or does page 510 refers to the input "Agreements"?
Described in Section 12.2.3.2. The parties of an agreement are project stakeholders. The agreement can contain references to additional stakeholders.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login