fbpx

Reply: Two questions I would like to understand

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Two questions I would like to understand

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22863

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

Thank you, Gabriella. Yes, I also believe option A in the second question is given just to confuse.
3 years 7 months ago #22855

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Rahul, don't worry: sometimes the answer is much easier than you would expect. Indeed the Earned Value is given in question 1, so the answer is C.

As for question 2, you have to keep in mind that project expenditures and resources tend to be at their minimum at the beginning of their project, increase over time to reach their peak while most of the work is carried out, and then decrease while the project moves towards its completion. Now, looking at the options provided, you can associate a process group to each of the processes listed as options:
B => Planning
C => Executing
D => Monitoring & Controlling
So, I will select C, because that is one of the 'major' processes, where most of the project work is performed, so it will be the one spending most resources.
Option A in itself is not even a process, rather being an entire knowledge area - hope my interpretation does not sound too restrictive.

As per the forum policy, I'd recommend to include information about where you found these sample questions. Thank you!

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #22854

Rahul Vadakke Veetil PMP

1) EV=200. PV=300. SPI=1. AC=250. How much is earned value?

A 50
B 100
C 200
D 450

I am confused. Isn't EV already given ? Isn't the answer 200 ? Or am I not understanding the question correctly ?

2) In which process are most resources spent?

A Project Communications Management
B Create WBS
C Direct and Manage Project Work
D Monitor and Control Project Work

I believe answer is C. Or is it A ?

Please help. Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login