fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP exam on the first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP exam on the first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22640

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Thank you, Deanna, I appreciate it!

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #22637

Deanna Bogner

's Avatar

Gabriella,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have shared the post.

Deanna
3 years 7 months ago #22635

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Deanna,

congratulations on passing the PMP exam!
Would you mind sharing your experience in the Lessons Learned forum as well?

Gabriella

P.s.: I also used lots of pens and paper notebooks: taking notes helped me study and stick the concepts in my mind :)
3 years 7 months ago #22614

Deanna Bogner

To all,
I passed my PMP exam on the first attempt On Thursday. I received the e-mail from PMI on Friday.
T/AT/AT/T/AT

My prep was longer -about a year due to numerous obstacles. I managed projects because it was part of my job and I was the SME. My experience with the processes and other knowledge areas on the test was like starting a foreign language.

I am a learner for whom video is a waste of time. Lectures, reading the text books and taking written notes are my learning style. I am old school and still like paper in my hands. I went through two pen refills, 6 mechanical pencil leads, and 6 legal pads of paper. I lost track of the number of erasers....

I was also unconcerned with finding free questions.

Textbook: Andy Crowe book -I consulted it constantly and read it all the way through at least 4 times.
Aileen Ellis for Earned value questions, Networking, and Contracting problem practice.
Christopher Scordo for more practice questions
Prep Cast questions: both in the video series and the Prep Cast simulator
PMBOK was used only for reference.

I estimate I answered 5000 questions in preparation-many multiple times. The Scordo book was a great learning tool due to my inexperience with the terminology. His questions were worded in a straight forward way which assisted me in learning the terminology.

I then moved the the Crowe book questions and then to the Prep Cast simulator. I took all of the Prep cast tests except ITTO and 4 of the tests in the Prep Cast twice. I did multiple learning quiz sessions.

The Prep Cast simulator was the closest to the actual test for wording and answers.

A shout out to Harry Ellston for assisting me with my nemesis-Scope by suggesting multiple learning quiz sessions. It worked....

My test had no Agile questions and probably 6 calculation questions. I am a very fast test taker and had to purposely slow my self down. I used the highlight and strike through functions on each question. I had 90 minutes left when I thought I was done and went through the entire second half of the test the second time. I changed three answers.

Hint to prevent panic:.
The test stopped at question 89 for the break. The computer would not proceed until the questions were reviewed. I thought that I was having computer difficulties....and had a bit of panic. What did I do wrong...?

This is long but I hope it helps some one.....
I am pretty excited and am already signed up for an Agile course. Thanks again.....
Deanna Bogner

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login