fbpx

Reply: Online Check in Failed for PMP exams

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Online Check in Failed for PMP exams

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22654

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Esha,

we are not entitled to speak for PMI or Pearson VUE. So I would recommend to contact them directly (preferably via e-mail, as I know the waiting time for the chat support may be quite long) in order to be sure whether a dongle connection is allowed.

I can only refer you to requirements specified on their website. Specifically to your question, while a wired network is recommended, wifi is not prohibited.
Here is what PearsonVUE specifies on the website regarding the internet connection:

For optimal performance, a reliable and stable connection speed of 3 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up is required.
Where possible, we recommend testing on a wired network as opposed to a wireless network.
If testing from home, ask others within the household to avoid internet use during your exam session.
Tethering to a mobile hotspot is explicitly prohibited.

Further details are available at the following link: home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/onvue

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22647

Esha Anand

Hi Gabrielle,
Can we use a dongle connection on that day and is wifi okay since proctor requires a wired internet connection.
Thanks
Esha
3 years 8 months ago #22615

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi, Kakwalaka.

I feel your frustration and I understand that failing to check-in because of a technical issue may be disappointing.
However, please keep in mind that the system requirements for the exam are clearly stated on the Pearson VUE webpage ( home.pearsonvue.com/pmi/onvue ), and they include min connection speed both in download and in upload, while prohibiting tethering to a mobile hotspot.

Hopefully, this detailed list will help you to set up your workplace accordingly, at you next check-in.

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22608

Kakwalaka

I could not check in for my PMP exams because the online Proctor says he couldn't access my live video feed. He mentioned that this may be due to my mobile hotspot internet connection.

This is really sad because i didn't read any information that prohibited the use of a tethered internet connection. I had prepared really hard for this moment and it feels really frustrating.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login