fbpx

Reply: Is it okay to move my lips while reading the question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Is it okay to move my lips while reading the question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22595

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Vivek,

I totally agree with Chan: reading questions out loud is prohibited, and I would avoid moving your lips as well.
You may find helpful to take a look at the additional PMI policies for the online proctored exam, available at this link , which have been recently integrated. Specifically, this addresses your questions:

What types of prohibited behaviors will the proctors watch for during the exam?
Similar to proctors at a testing center, online proctors ensure testing rules are followed, but they also must ensure candidates follow some additional protocols for an online exam. Examples of prohibited behaviors include, but are not limited to: failing to follow the proctor’s instructions; looking off the screen; mumbling or speaking aloud; covering your mouth or face; using unauthorized materials (e.g. cell phones, headphones, recording equipment, writing materials, etc.); interacting with third parties intentionally or unintentionally; or leaning outside the view of the webcam. If a proctor identifies any prohibited behavior, he or she will instruct you to stop. If the prohibited behavior is not stopped your session will be terminated.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your exam!

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #22594

Vivek Sharma

Thanks Chan.
3 years 8 months ago #22576

Chan Rampersaud

's Avatar

Hi Vivek

The proctoring process is pretty strict as they have to rely on you following their rules and guidelines on the virtual process.

You will likely get the proctor's attention if you lip read quietly or aloud or even cover your mouth lips or your face in any way. They will tell you not to do that as your face needs to be seen at all times and you cannot be speaking during the exam.

Otherwise good luck.

Regards

Chan
3 years 8 months ago #22574

Vivek Sharma

1.I tend to move my lips while reading the question with a very low pitched "hmmm" sound. Is it okay or should we not move lips at all.

2. I understand that reading out questions loudly is also not allowed. is it right?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login