fbpx

Reply: Configuration Management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Configuration Management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22610

Vivek Sharma

Thanks Thiago
3 years 7 months ago #22603

Thiago França, PMP®

Hi, Vivek,

Configuration management knowledge base containing the versions and baselines of all official organizational standards, policies, procedures, and any project documents. Then it ALL materials with high confidentially to any company. It would be better to keep them is a safe place to avoid been hacked by a competitor.

Based on that, I think that a big company would store these documents at internal SharePoint, isolated by VPN, to prevent losing confidential information.

Understand SharePoint as a repository of files similar to Google Drive, but with only usage internal. VPN is a very sophisticated filter to protect the internal network from being accessed by hackers/competitors. This is my mental picture of a safe place to store essential documents for a big project.

I hope my explanations help you to understand it better. Let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

Thiago
3 years 8 months ago #22555

Vivek Sharma

Whenever I see configuration management, I think about electronic documents (like word doc/pdf etc.) with a predefined naming convention that also helps in identifying the version. Also, where the document is stored (e.g. location of the google drive). Is this the right "mind picture"? What else should I "see" in the "mind picture" :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login