fbpx

Reply: Passed First attempt using at home testing

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed First attempt using at home testing

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21113

Billy MacDonald

Congrats Joe!
3 years 10 months ago #21105

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Joe,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your journey!
3 years 10 months ago #21091

Joe Decker

Passed the PMI ACP and wanted to share my experience. I recently started a job as an agile product owner in software development using scrum, and have worked in similar roles in the past. 3 years of work experience. I had PMP from 2008.

Prep
PrepCast simulator - I did the simulator, learning mode with 40-50 questions each day for 30 days. Would review the answers after each wrong answer. I didn't take the full practice exam. Good use of time in quarantine. I ended up going through all 400+ questions at least once. Exam sim was harder than actual test but was close. You need to get repetition on the situations, what do you do as a product owner if x happens. Real exam was very heavy on the situations and light on the knowing the terms/memorization type questions.
Mike Griffiths PMI ACP book - Read through 2 times and took all the quizzes. This was worth getting.
Results said I was above target on all areas except one - adaptive planning. This was also my weakest area in the simulator as needed to remember PMI way vs how we do it at work.

Online Testing
I tested everything a few days before using their application. Then day before I removed everything from my workspace per their instructions so had a clean slate to start.
For check in, I took pictures of my work space and drivers license. Then used chat where the proctor confirmed everything was good. No phone call or long wait. Proctor was there right after I signed in.
Application for taking the exam was fine. You can't right click to cross out a question like you could in the simulator. The whiteboard was used only once for me to do some long division. If there was a calculator I missed it. The math was not that complicated so ended up not needing it.
After submitting the test, it flashed a screen that I passed. Then a short survey after. Then the app closed quickly. It did not give an exam report. I was only able to see the exam report 6 hours later on the site.
Overall the Online experience was great, follow the directions and you will be fine!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login