fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP exam - TIPs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP exam - TIPs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18758

Passed PMI-ACP ALL Above Targets

's Avatar

I took my pmi acp exam today and must agree that taking the test in center is best option. no liability whatever so ever. You can only focus on studying.
exam questions were good and I finished with 4 mins to review.
4 years 5 months ago #18744

Rachel Letchumanan

I took the PMI-ACP today and I must say it was not what I was expecting. Weirdly, the questions were phrased more from a project manager or PMP perspective rather than an agile practitioner view. Thankfully I passed with all "Above Targets" except for "Team Performance" which was at Target.

I give credit definitely to the PM Prepcast simulated mock exams which a MUST. i did not use Mike Griffith's exam guide. I had quick study guides and notes from my live classroom training which was sufficient. With all these materials and prep, I was glad I passed the exam.
4 years 5 months ago #18743

Paul Deres

Mike Griffith's exam guide is highly recommended by many who've taken the PMI-ACP exam. I didn't find a lot of reviews about his supplemental workbook, but I found it to be very helpful. The workbook really helps you get into the agile mindset for the exam. Whatever you choose for the study material, the PMPrepCast simulated exams are a must. Hope that helps.

Paul
4 years 5 months ago #18740

Rachel Letchumanan

is the Mike Griffith's PMI-ACP exam guide really needed or would the PMPrepCast simulated exams be sufficient?
4 years 5 months ago #18728

Paul Deres

I passed the PMI-ACP exam last week! Surprisingly, I scored Above Target in all domains, but it wasn't easy. Some tips that might help:

1. Take this PMPrepCast ACP course (consider skipping the optional modules if you're in a hurry unless you're interested in more background info).
2. Study Mike Griffith's PMI-ACP exam guide (questions are fairly easy, but wait...).
3. Study Mike Griffith's PMI-ACP exam workbook (highly recommended and very helpful, and questions are more difficult - really makes you think!).
4. Take notes as you're going through PMPrepcast and Mike's material for refresher studies.
5. Use all the PMPrepCast simulated exams and take a bunch of timed/learning quizzes to refine weak areas. I took one exam each week, studied more, took another, studied, etc. I never scored higher than 76% on any of the four simulated full-length exams, but that's okay - I reviewed all of the questions I scored correctly and incorrectly to help reinforce what I did right and wrong. The filter features on the exam simulator results are very helpful!!
6. Possibly no need to memorize anything, but you should have a very solid grasp of agile roles (e.g., scrum master, product owner, etc.) and the agile value and principles, which will help a lot on difficult questions.
7. Take exam at a Pearson VUE location, not at home (based on recent posts about bad experiences). I scheduled my exam for 10:30am but showed up at 9:30 and they let me start early.
8. Take your time with exam - use all 3 hours if needed to review marked questions. I marked a handful of questions on my PMP exam three years ago and didn't change the answers, but I changed quite a few that I had marked on the ACP exam (I marked about 25 on the ACP exam, but I first answered them just in case time ran out). Many answer choices were difficult to choose from - either all seemed incorrect or more than one seemed correct. As always, choose the BEST answer and really pay attention to what's being asked and who's asking. In cases where they use language/terms/phrases in the answers that you haven't heard of before, that might be a clue that it's not the correct answer.

Thanks PMPrepCast for helping me ace the exam!!!

Paul, PMP, PMI-ACP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login