Reply: Awful experience with PEARSON VUE when taking PMI ACP exam from home!!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Awful experience with PEARSON VUE when taking PMI ACP exam from home!!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 weeks 6 days ago #25771

Nitin Pandey

's Avatar

This is exactly what happened to me today . I had a exam today on 12/30/2020 at 1 PM central time.
I logged in at 12:35 PM and done all the checkin with inage uploads. I went on the cam screen and waited for almost 30 mins when the line came the exam failed to start.
I pinged online support and called customer and was ping ponging in all these customer call for almost 1 hour 30 mins and then they said they have raised a use case and trch tram and proctor will come back in 3 to 5 days.
Now all the effort , mind set fr the exam has to be redone with this whole frustration.
3 weeks 6 days ago #25513

Anonymous

's Avatar

What happened?
4 weeks 3 hours ago #25492

BRANDY

's Avatar

What does the end say exactly if you fail or pass?
I finished the Exam about two hours ago. It was quite the experience. I do not recommend using a MAC to take it as the process froze up at point where you wait for exam to start (after all the photos and initiating stuff) and eventually told me I was going to need to reschedule and kicked me out. I checked the computer setup over and over beforehand. I then begin to panic trying to figure out how to reschedule because it sent me to a page with no info on how. I fumbled around a bit trying to figure out when a voice came from my computer with an extremely heavy accent. Luckily, they were trying to help me but I could not understand them. I had to re-word what I thought they said into yes or no questions so they could confirm what I needed to do with simple yes or no. After some fumbling around, I made it to the test (very very late, but time for test starts when you start). Let's say my anxiety levels were pretty much off the charts by then and I might have O'D on caffeine to get up at 5am as testing times were very limited this month. I was having difficulty with the first set of questions but pushed on and about 20 questions in I had a panic attack. I was not going to give up. I was layered so was able to cool down by losing a sweater but I did end up having trouble breathing and had to meditate and deep breathe for a long time before I could continue with the test (all while still on camera). Let’s just say my performance was well below what it should have been but I finished it.

After I hit submit, a very brief tiny tiny dialogue popped up and said congratulations on your PMI …… think it said something about a certificate to come later. I did not get a very good look at it and was pretty done by then. I think I passed based on what little I saw but again the system messed up and I did not get to read the pop up dialogue all the way.
2 months 3 weeks ago #24064

Terrible experience with PearsonVUE

's Avatar

I took my online PMP exam via PearsonVUE. I did as supposed , logged in 30 min prior to the scheduled exam time, did my system check, passed the system check, took my picture, 4 pictures of the room, proctor let me in .I started the online exam fine. When I finished my first part, I got kicked out and the only button I still had was the live chat. I pushed that button and someone came on. They logged me back in. So I made the second attempt to finish part 1 and got kicked out again. I pushed the Chat button multiple times for 2 hours but it was unsuccessful. The exam time lapsed and I was notified that I failed my exam. I contacted PearsonVUE proctor finallly and explained what happened. They opened the case for me. I am not sure how it'll go from here.
I decided that I am going to take exam at the real Center and not online.
I'll schedule the new exam at my own expense because I am confident that I will have better chances of properly working software in a Center than online.
3 months 1 week ago #23860

Christine

's Avatar

I had a similar experience with PearsonVue today with my PMP. It was so frustrating, and I’m absolutely crushed that I didn’t get the chance to take the exam today. I was so prepared! So ready! And then I had the similarity frustrating experience of being given very little support from Pearson. I was told to wait up to 7 days for someone from Pearson to email me about what to do next.

So frustrating. I know there’s a lesson in here about risk mitigation, but I’m too angry to learn it right now.
4 months 4 weeks ago #23014

Anonymous

's Avatar

in ACP exam, there is no 10min break. PMP has though...

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login