fbpx

Reply: Passed the ACP first time :)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the ACP first time :)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18657

Billy MacDonald

After the first few questions I panicked and thought there was no way I was going to pass, they were ambiguously worded or had very similar answer options. Only had 4 mins left on the timer and gave myself less than 50/50 but passed with above target in all areas!

I used the Head First Agile book which i completed cover to cover in about 10 weeks plus re-reading some sections. I recommend it, it aims for you to understand the topics and has lots of activities and puzzles to drive the info in the brain.
I listened to most of the prepcasts starting about a month ago but I underestimated how many episodes there are and didnt get through them all.

The Exam Simulator was invaluable and made all the difference. I spent 11 hours and 14 minutes on it in total.
The first exam i got 61% then 70%, 68% and 78% so i wasn't fully confident.
The questions mostly matched the real exam, although i found the real exam less clear.
I used the learning quizzes to back on questions i answered incorrectly multiple times and made lots of notes.
In the last two mock exams i made a note of which answers i changed after going back to marked questions. On both exams i changed correct to incorrect answers more often than incorrect to correct so i decided on the real exam to only change if i was certain.

The test centre in Sydney was tatty and noisy so thanks for the tip on the prepcast to take earplugs! There were NC headphones there.

Good luck everyone!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login