fbpx

Reply: Earned the PMI-ACP certification with Above Target in all 7 Domains.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Earned the PMI-ACP certification with Above Target in all 7 Domains.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16251

's Avatar

Hi Ashok,

Congratulations on passing the PMI-ACP Exam! We are so happy to hear about your recent success. Thank you for sharing with us here your preparation and study routine. I'm sure aspiring PMI-ACP certificate holders will find the list of materials you used helpful.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors! Have a great day! :)
5 years 2 months ago #16224

ASHOK UPADHYAYA

On 07 Jan 2019, I successfully earned the PMI-ACP exam with Above Target in all 7 domains.

Here is the details of my preparation and study routine.
I do have more than 5 years of experience on Agile and I am CSM certified person.
It took me about 3 Months of study with 1 to 2 hours on weekday and 3 hours on weekends. All effort aggregated to about 100 to 120 Hours.

40 Hours for gaining 21 PDU. (I am considering the time you re-visit some topics using online tutorials)
20 Hours to complete the Agile Prep by Mike Griffiths book
Note, the book and the tutorial for 21 PDU (pre-requisite) flow might not be same sequence of Domain 1 to Domain 7.
5 Hours in preparing summary notes and flashcards for your quick reference.
15 Hours to refer other reading material like Agile Guide from PMI - Not Mandatory but useful in gaining knowledge
20 to 30 Hrs Simulator tests Free or Paid to evaluate
10 Hours revising and reviewing some concepts for the exam

My Path to certification:
1. Agile PrepCast
2. Agile Prep by Mike Griffiths second edition
3. Free Mock tests
4. Review of contents and details for PMI-ACP exam by Edward Chung
5. Review of summary notes and flashcards
6. Quick reading of Agile Guide and other books on Agile recommended by PMI
7. About 350 Free and sample mock test questions
8. PMI-ACP Agile Simulator Test (4 Full Lengths) by Agile PrepCast
9. Quick re-review of Agile Prep by Mike Griffiths second edition

All the contents on Agile Prepcast and Agile Prep by Mike Griffiths are good.
Edward Chung note were helpful for quick revision
The best help is the PMI-ACP Agile Simulator Test which helped me evaluate my weak areas and concentrate on improving my score.

Compared to PMP, I would rate ACP as more situational and interpretation based and would drain you during the exam. Focus on the Agile principals and values is the key in successfully completing the certification.

I would like to thank Agile PrepCast Team and Conrnelius Fichtner for the wonderful video tutorial and simulator tests which is aiding numerous PMI-ACP aspirants in successfully getting certified.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login