fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP on 3/22/18 - Above Target on All Domains

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP on 3/22/18 - Above Target on All Domains

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 8 months ago #14577

TereLyn Hepple, MS, PMP, PSM

Congratulations Frank on passing your PMI-ACP with such flying colors, and for sharing the amount of time you committed as well as how your experience, reading, and the Agile PrepCast and Exam Simulator helped you.
5 years 11 months ago #13822

Frank McGuinness

Hello All,

Passing along some thoughts on study materials, time, and tracking, post recently passing my PMI-ACP exam.

Materials:
The AgilePrepCast Elite Subscription. - Spent about 75 hours reviewing each module and sub-section, listening to some via Podcast, and then watching the material later taking detailed notes. Took the online final exam with no difficulties based on this. Highly recommend this course to satisfy the educational requirements.

As part of the above subscription took the 4 simulator exams, very much appreciating the detailed explanations for all questions, and used this to target where I needed additional understanding.

Mike Griffins' 2nd Edition of PMI-ACP Exam Prep
amazon.com/PMI-ACP-Exam-Prep-Updated-Second/dp/1932735984
Used the above to then target the book's sections for review. Didn't read it cover to cover, but reviewed specific chapters, and took the chapter quizzes for all chapters.

All in all total time devoted was approximately 100 hours over the course of 9 weeks, which was rather aggressive on my end, but I really did want to take it while I was fresh from taking the PMP in Dec of 2017 & prior to the exam update. And to note, I do have active experience with agile project teams as part of my career, so this did aid me in fully absorbing the concepts & understanding the situational questions of the exam.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Frank

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login