fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMI-ACP

Passed PMI-ACP 6 years 1 month ago #13382

• Jack Litten
  • Jack Litten's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I passed it on Feb 13, 2018. Above target in all domains. It did not seem easy though..........

I have been involved with SCRUM projects for many years and have served in a SCRUM master role for the past 6 months. I have attended 2 SCRUM training classes, 1 last year and 1 two years ago.

I started studying Mike Griffiths PMI-ACP Exam Prep back in early November. I read through each chapter then took the chapter quiz. Any questions answered incorrectly, I researched that section of the book extensively. By the end of the 2nd week in November I was passing the quizzes easily. I thought this would have me pretty prepared for the exam, but something inside told me to find some online quizzes just to confirm.

I'm glad I did.

I used a couple of free exam question sites and started noticing that some of the answers were not correct and many had mis-spelled words and that just made the sites seem bogus.

I used Cornelius' podcast for PMP learning and PDU points so my browser pointed me to his site for the ACP prep. I signed up for the full package. Before I listened to 1 ACP podcast I took a practice test. I made a 63. So, for the rest of November and December I watched all podcast. Then in January, I took the 2nd practice exam. I made another low score.

So, for the next 6 weeks I was able to use the site to create 10 question quizzes pulled from 1 domain, so that I could ace the domain before moving on. Any questions I missed I would research extensively. I also logged 14 pages of notes with information I felt I needed to learn and review often.

1 week before the exam I was able to take the practice exams with missing 0, to at most 5 questions out of 120 and that was due to not paying attention, which gave me another lesson for the exam. I worked to memorize agile manifesto, values of SCRUM, values of XP, etc. I also retook Mike Griffiths' Exam Prep quizzes as a refresher.

Day of the exam
My exam time was 1 PM. I ate a big lunch at 11 and arrived to the testing center 1 hour before the exam and they took me right in. I went through the practice session, just in case there was something I needed. It was smart that I did, since it showed me how to mark and highlight questions. I am not sure why, but I had to read most questions up to 3 times. I did not feel anxious, so I am not sure why I could not immediately comprehend the question after 1 read, but it did not get better as I went along. It got to a point where I was actually worried I would run out of time. I am very good at time management, so I was able to push myself to ensure that I was answering 1 question within 1.5 minutes and pushed myself to beat that. There were a few that took longer and those I had to mark and come back to at the end of the exam. I finished all 120 questions with 15 mins left. I went back to all my questions that I had marked (about 20) and spent more time on them. I finished those with 4 minutes remaining.

I clicked finish with these thoughts in mind
1. I only knew 100% certainty the answer to only 5 questions
2. I cannot believe I did not 100% know the answers to the other 115 questions
3. I cannot believe I am about to not pass this exam.

A survey came up after clicking Finish. I was going through it I had resigned myself to the fact that I was just not going to pass this test this time around. When the results finally came I was extremely relieved that I had passed and was shocked that I passed with above target in all domains. Like I had mentioned, I only knew with 100% certainty the answer to 5 questions. All others I went with the answer that just seemed like the best answer out of the 4. Sometimes all seemed right, sometimes no answer seemed right. But I went with my gut that had logged many hours of studying and that apparently worked.

The questions are mostly situational as it relates to an agile experience. I had very few questions on specific types of Agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, XP. Nothing on DSDM, ASD, Crystal.

I fully credit the PM Prepcast practice exams/questions with being able to pass this exam. I am confident it trained me to think situationally to be able to choose the best answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TereLyn Hepple, MS, PMP, PSM, Anatoli Litvinau

Passed PMI-ACP 5 years 9 months ago #14586

• TereLyn Hepple, MS, PMP, PSM
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations Jack on passing your PMI-ACP! You are extremely gracious in sharing your experience and approach in preparing for the exam and taking the exam, thank you!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login