fbpx

Reply: Passed My PMI-ACP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed My PMI-ACP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 11 months ago #10337

Anonymous

's Avatar

Stacey, thank you so much! This is phenomenal information!

I am going to re-read Crowe's book after I finish it (only about 30 pages left). I am mid way thru the Gr8PM Agile Almanac. Once done I am going to focus on Mike G's book and I ordered the workbook too. For exam Simulators, I plan on going with OSP's, Crowe's (I got this on sale with 30% off!) and I will most likely giver PM Training's a try as well.

Thank you!
Paul
6 years 11 months ago #10335

Stacey Rinnert

Thanks Paul

1. I would recommend both books. Crowe is easier to read/absorb - he puts the information in ways that are easy to understand, but Griffiths goes into so much more detail. Since Griffiths was one of the committee members for the agile certification, I think his information is important.

2. The agile training at my work was a 2 day training with Bob the BA. I didn't count it towards my contact hours (not sure if he is aligned with PMI) but since he is a Business Analyst it was a great deep dive into user stories.

3. I did use an exam simulator at PM Training

4. After the 37 hours of videos, I probably spent another 40-50 hours reading the books and taking the test/quizzes in them. I probably spent another 20 hours working on the exam simulator that I purchased. From an calendar perspective, I started watching the videos in October 2016 and took the test in early April 2017. I took 2 weeks off in December and I probably worked a few hours a day/several days a week on the materials. I did not study on the weekends - I have 2 young kids and knew that I would not get focused time outside of work. My job allowed me to study during working hours as part of professional development as long as my projects didn't suffer.

I also read this blog: edward-designer.com/web/pmi-acp/
He has a lot of tips about studying, exam simulators, applying for the cert, etc. - I found Edward's information VERY helpful and comprehensive
6 years 11 months ago #10328

Paul

's Avatar

Congrats Stacey!!

May I ask a few questions:
1. Which book do you think was more useful or do you recommend both?
2. Was the agile training at your work a day, multi-day or week training?
3. Did you do any exam simulators?
4. How long do you think you studied overall?

Thank you and congrats!
Paul
6 years 11 months ago #10324

Stacey Rinnert

I passed my PMI-ACP test on Friday 04/07/17.

I used the Agile PrepCast for the my contact hours

I read the PMI-ACP Exam Prep book by Mike Griffiths & the PMI-ACP Exam, How to Pass on Your First Try book by Andy Crowe

I also attended a training at work from Bob the BA on Agile which helped with really digging into understanding user stories

I watched the PrepCast from October 2016 - January 2017. Then I read each book. They both included full tests and chapter quizzes, so I used those to perform a pre-test and post-test to gauge how much information I was retaining. I finished my readings by the end of February.

At that point, I filled out my application, was approved, and registered for my test. I scheduled my test 4 weeks out to give myself a month to take practice tests and review.

I felt that the practice tests I took were harder than the test and that the test is definitely not as hard as the PMP - mostly due to not having the need to memorize information. However, I was happy to be over prepared!

All of my questions were situational. It took me about an hour to take the test and then I spent 20 minutes reviewing the questions I marked.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login