fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMI-ACP Exam Passed - 14th May 2014

PMI-ACP Exam Passed - 14th May 2014 9 years 11 months ago #4218

• Elijah Nagawkar
  • Elijah Nagawkar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Greetings All,

Passed my PMI-ACP exam in the first try this AM. (14th May 2014).

I must thank Cornellius Fichtner for creating a wonderful prep-cast and that is what I used as the ONLY SOURCE for my study.

Let me list down all the aid that helped me pass.

Registered for Agile-Prep-cast 13th March 2014.

Total time to pass PMI-ACP = 2 Months.

I scored a Proficient in both the categories.

I studied ONLY Prep-Cast. I went though all the lessons and made detailed notes. The prep-cast is well designed and covers all the topics. I did understand all the questions that were asked in the exam and all of them were covered in some form or the other in the prep-cast. I am very satisfied.

I also solved all the questions tests given in the prep cast workbook and lots of questions that I could find online. I also solved all the tests in the PMI-ACP Exam Prep: Questions, Answers & Explanationsby Tim Bagnall and Christopher Scordo which is available to PMI Members at no cost.

The questions in the above book are basic, however, its good to go though all the answers to get a good understanding of the study material.

The PMI-ACP exam is very well structured and makes one think. That said, if you are clear on the basics and application of the same, then you should not have any issues to pass the test.

The exam questions were more application based as compared to what was given in the above book. The above book focuses a lot on Jim Highsmith and the focus in the exam is mainly Scrum, Lean, Kanban and XP apart from knowing the Manifesto.

In any case that's my story and it was sufficient to pass with Proficient in both knowledge and tools and technique areas.

Hope this helps for all aspiring PMI-ACP students.

Cheers,
Elijah Nagawkar PMP, PMI-ACP, ITSM, BE

PMI-ACP Exam Passed - 14th May 2014 - Feedback after 2 years of Practicing Agile 7 years 9 months ago #7774

• Elijah Nagawkar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good Afternoon PMI-ACP Aspirants,

I wanted to take a few moments to write on my experience and Journey after 2 years of passing the PMI-ACP exam. This training of passing the PMI-ACP exam has been extremely useful in all my projects. The most important thing I have learnt after practicing Agile for 2 years more is the philosophy of Agile the 4 values and 12 principles.

It does not matter if its Scrum or XP or DSDM Atern or FDD or TDD, all of these apply the core principles of Agile. I have in projects mixed a few of these, systems to optimize a perfect management technique but I had to reply on the Agile Manifesto and the Principles and this is what is the main part and the joy of learning Agile methodology.

Infact I am thankful to PMI to get a certification like Agile - PMI-ACP and this differentiates it from the other certifications out there which are focussed only on one of the techniques. When one goes though this intense certification and gets his or her certification of an ACP he or she has learn the philosophy of what it truly means to be Agile. All the other techniques like Scrum, XP, and other systems USE this philosophy and PMI-ACP focusses on the very core of it.

After years of experience, it becomes easy to use the various techniques or customize them depending on the need of the clients but ensuring that the 4 values and 12 principles are adhered to and followed to the core.

In any case, I just thought of sharing the journey post getting my certification of PMI-ACP. Its been amazing, and its all applicable in todays world where time to market is critical.

Good luck to all the PMI-ACP aspirants.

Cheers !!!
Elijah Nagawkar PMP, PMI-ACP, ITSM, OCP.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login