fbpx

Reply: Took PMI-ACP online with PearsonVue

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Took PMI-ACP online with PearsonVue

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 6 months ago #29829

CHANTAL TETU

Hello Chandrika,

Sorry for my delayed response. I do not log into the Prepcast forum often.

Indeed, on the screen you will see 'Congratulations!' (it was the same for all the other exams I took from PMI) and you should have received a few hours later an email from PearsonVue with a link to your PMI score report.

It does not say you passed the exam right because the PMI score report will give you more detailed information for each of the domains and each tasks. So you will know where you performed and where you need to improve.

So yes, celebrate! I presumed since you took the exam you got the emails fro PearsonVue or PMI to access your Score report and even you badge. So congratulations for passing the PMI-ACP.

Regards, Chantal
1 year 11 months ago #29346

Chandrika Gummaluri

Hello, Chantel

I toll the PMP ACP today online and it took exactly 3 hr for me to finish and by the time i was on review there was 25 min left to review.
SO i think i just took my time to go over each question and as well to check my answers. At the end it said my time expired and the screen went very fast and got another screen with ... Congratulations ..but cannot remember the rest of the lines and something that i get in email or mail from PMI.
I am sure that I PASSED but the screen did not say PASS but said congratulations for the hard work etc..
Can you confirm if this is what you had experienced and is this really a time to celebrate ??
I also went through Prepcast ACP and took 2 full length exams and some learning quizes that helped me a lot with more confidence to take the real exam.

Thanks
Chandrika
2 years 1 week ago #29209

Stan Po - Admin

Chantal,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 1 week ago #29205

CHANTAL TETU

This is a review about taking the PMI-ACP exam online with PearsonVue.

The process of booking the exam was quite easy. I logged into my PMI portal and it redirected me to PearsonVue website where I was able to choose the type of exam (in person or online) as well as the date/time. The choice of date/time was extensive. So I am sure you will find something depending on your availability/preferences.

When you book a time for an online exam, PearsonVue will ask you to do a system check using the same equipment you will use on exam day to confirm the microphone, camera, internet connection are up to snuff.

Right after booking, you will get an email from PearsonVue to confirm your appointment. Read that email as it contains information about what to do before the exam and on exam day as well as the rescheduling/cancellation policies.

I also got an email from PMI the day after my booking, I guess I got it right then because I booked an appointment within the next 45 days prior to exam day.

Two days before the exam I got an email reminder from PearsonVue.

The day of the exam. I use the link in the original email from PearsonVue to check-in. The check-in could be done on your computer or your mobile phone. I choose to scan the QR code and do it with my iPhone. You simply follow the instructions, I had to take a picture of my face, my identification document (ex: passport, driver’s licence, health card), then I had to take pictures of where I was to take my exam front/back, left/right. And voilà! It took me maybe 10 minutes to take the pictures cuz I was not satisfied with them! And when I finished the check-in process on my phone, I got a message on my computer screen saying I was in the queue, number 8 or something. Within a minute or two, I had a message saying the proctor was checking my photos/documents prior to releasing the exam. It took maybe 5 minutes max.

I almost forgot, they also asked you to give your phone number so they can call if there is a problem with your computer/internet connection.

Once the proctor release the exam, you are being recorded, there is a screen on top of the exam screen itself. On my iMac, it annoyed me a bit because it was partially in the way of the question’s text for maybe 2-3 inches. I don’t know if it was the size of my screen, the resolution, or whatnot. But be warned it might happen to you.

I did not question the proctor, I was in the ‘zone’ and I just wanted to be done with this exam!

You get a screen asking you about respecting the integrity of the exam and PMI’s code of conduct. Then you are asked if you want to use the simulator, to experience how to use the interface (next, previous, calculator, etc). I answered yes. It took maybe 5 minutes to go through it. And then the exam itself started.

There is no break possible during the PMI-ACP. So be sure to do what you need to do before starting the check-in process.

My first pass through the 120 questions took a little over 2 hours. When I started to review the marked Q&As, the timer was at 56 minutes. Surprisingly it took me about 20 minutes to go thought those marked questions. I changed maybe 3-4 answers. I guess I had less than 15 to go through this fast. Then I went back to the 1st question and reviewed the Q&A, I remember changing at least 1 answer. And with 8 minutes, I thought there was nothing more I could do. I ended the exam. Like always, it is exhilarating and a relief to see ‘Congratulations!’ on the screen!

After that, I had the opportunity to answer a survey. And that’s it! I’m certified PMI-ACP with above target in all 7 domains.

I cannot go into details of the questions themselves. I can say I had 1 question with velocity where I had to do a calculation, I also got 1 question with a graph. The questions are quite similar to the ones you will find in the PMI-ACP Exam simulator. All were situational but 1 question about a specific tool/technique. It threw me off a bit.

The concepts from the questions are all covered in PrepCast’s simulator. I don’t remember something that I did not encountered before. And I did encountered new concepts in PrepCast’s simulator. On those occasions, I used the Live Feedback to contact someone from PrepCast to asked more information, precision. A special thanks to Stan Po who answered me.

I did the 480 questions once, and then did a quiz for the Q&A’s I got wrong. I went from 70% and 77% in my first two quizzes to 83-84% in the exams and 91% for the last quiz.

I passed my PMI-ACP exam on March 19th, 2022 with above target in all 7 domains.

Hope this helps other candidates. Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login