fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24936

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Michael!

Glad to hear that our product has helped you achieved your PMI-ACP license.
3 years 3 months ago #24924

Michael Culhane

Passed PMI-ACP yesterday, AT in all areas. I used
  • PM Prepcast exam simulator -- great explanations and the only resource I found that provides references to the literature
  • Giffiths Exam Prep book -- this book is awesome.
  • Head First Agile book (just the questions) -- i didn't think the questions were that great
  • Agile Practice Guide -- there is a pdf copy online on the scrumalliance site (i think), google it
  • Joseph Phillips Udemy course -- I don't learn well with videos but this fulfilled the contact hours requirement
  • Joseph Phillips practice exam -- explanations not great but questions are ok

I went to a testing centre thanks to comments on this forum about bad experiences with the at home test.

Going into the test, I thought was pretty comfortable with all the material, scoring at least 80% on practice exams. However about halfway through the exam, I started to think that failure was a strong possibility. There were many questions that were not clear and where the answer choices didn't seem to correspond with the question. I found myself saying out loud "What the hell are they talking about?" Very rarely did I come upon a question that I was sure of the answer.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with this certification. Scrum.org's PSM I was much more useful to me in terms of understanding Agile. PMI-ACP is too much of a cocktail of different Agile methods and literature with some waterfall mixed in. The end result is a lack of clarity and focus.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login