fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMI-ACP

Passed PMI-ACP 3 years 4 months ago #24924

• Michael Culhane
  • Michael Culhane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Passed PMI-ACP yesterday, AT in all areas. I used
  • PM Prepcast exam simulator -- great explanations and the only resource I found that provides references to the literature
  • Giffiths Exam Prep book -- this book is awesome.
  • Head First Agile book (just the questions) -- i didn't think the questions were that great
  • Agile Practice Guide -- there is a pdf copy online on the scrumalliance site (i think), google it
  • Joseph Phillips Udemy course -- I don't learn well with videos but this fulfilled the contact hours requirement
  • Joseph Phillips practice exam -- explanations not great but questions are ok

I went to a testing centre thanks to comments on this forum about bad experiences with the at home test.

Going into the test, I thought was pretty comfortable with all the material, scoring at least 80% on practice exams. However about halfway through the exam, I started to think that failure was a strong possibility. There were many questions that were not clear and where the answer choices didn't seem to correspond with the question. I found myself saying out loud "What the hell are they talking about?" Very rarely did I come upon a question that I was sure of the answer.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with this certification. Scrum.org's PSM I was much more useful to me in terms of understanding Agile. PMI-ACP is too much of a cocktail of different Agile methods and literature with some waterfall mixed in. The end result is a lack of clarity and focus.
Last edit: by Michael Culhane.

Passed PMI-ACP 3 years 4 months ago #24936

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations, Michael!

Glad to hear that our product has helped you achieved your PMI-ACP license.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login