fbpx

Reply: Passed on first attempt - all domains above target.. some exam tips

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first attempt - all domains above target.. some exam tips

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24748

Hawazin Al-Abbasi

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
3 years 4 months ago #24727

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Ilona!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
3 years 4 months ago #24713

Ilona Fegan

Wow.. what a feeling I got when I reviewed my exam analysis on the PMI site. All categories were scored as above target.

Per some of the other advice. for the last month prior to the test..
I set aside 1-2 hours every day to study, taking breaks every 25 minutes to digest and absorb the material (take a walk, get up, and do something else for a short while). I was studying one domain a day.

I know the Mike Griffin's book talks about how you are not to 'rote' learn the Agile terms etc.. so I created study cards that combined the various agile activities, along with their objectives and approaches to accomplish. As a longtime PMP, it took a bit of a 'breakthrough' in my thinking to ensure I was successful in absorbing and understanding the Agile mindset.

Every weekend day was a 2-3 hour study day.

Every couple of days, I would take an exam of 60 questions. I would force myself to slow down and read the question multiple times before answering, to ensure understanding (I tend to be a fast test taker).

In the 2 weeks before the exam, I was taking full 120 question exams, and passing in the 80% range, which gave me confidence.

The day of the test, I was off, and spent the morning reviewing my notes, with frequent pauses to absorb the material..

The key is reading and rereading the question and answers.. I marked almost every question to review again.

PM Prep Cast and the MIke Griffin's book were extremely beneficial.

On to the next!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login