fbpx

Reply: Passed Above Target in all areas first attempt!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Above Target in all areas first attempt!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24749

Hawazin Al-Abbasi

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing these great tips!
3 years 4 months ago #24501

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations! That's a great tip about checking out the test center in advance.
3 years 4 months ago #24456

Nancy Eastman

My background gave me the personal knowledge of seeing Agile and Waterfall practices. I had already earned my CSM and SA certifications, but needed to know more about the content of what the PMI-ACP exam covered. I started the PrepCast in May and just took my test in Nov (slacking off and enjoying my summer...). Since I work more than full time as a Program Manager it seems, all of this was done after a long day or on weekends. In addition to the PrepCast and the Premium exams, I also used the Mike Griffiths PMI-ACP Exam Prep and the Head First Agile book to study. I made some flash cards from the Griffiths book and maybe looked through those a few times, but writing things down helped me learn too. I liked the PrepCast videos, but I need to see a structure like the Griffiths book to complement it. The HeadFirst book was a nice review and more practice questions. I read the whole thing in one LONG day a few days prior to my exam. I was consistently getting 80% on the PrepCast exams and while I normally would want closer to 100%, I felt I knew the material. The hard part is knowing what the BEST answer is. Knowing the topics well and the different terms, helped me to get to the best answer. I went to a Pearson center. I answered the 120 questions in 2 hours and 5 minutes. I reviewed the 7 I had marked. On the practice exams I noticed I would usually miss some in the beginning and at the end when I got tired. I used the rest of the 3 hours to review the first 30 and last 10 questions. I did change some answers that now seemed clearer to me. I completed the review with a minute left and submitted the test and it instantly came back with the welcome news that I passed! I did not take a break. Also, no jackets or watches allowed. They did provide a calculator and a plastic sheet to write on. I really did not need it. I also used the noise cancelling headphones they provided. Masks were required. (I practiced taking tests with one on, just to make sure I could see okay.) The print on the screen was big and dark enough to read (if you are over 50 you may identify with my concern). (I was a little more worried about my eyes than knowing the content. All was good there.) Also, I did drive to the test center a week ahead to verify where it was and that safe COVID practices were being practiced.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login