fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Above Target in all areas first attempt!

Passed Above Target in all areas first attempt! 3 years 5 months ago #24456

• Nancy Eastman
  • Nancy Eastman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My background gave me the personal knowledge of seeing Agile and Waterfall practices. I had already earned my CSM and SA certifications, but needed to know more about the content of what the PMI-ACP exam covered. I started the PrepCast in May and just took my test in Nov (slacking off and enjoying my summer...). Since I work more than full time as a Program Manager it seems, all of this was done after a long day or on weekends. In addition to the PrepCast and the Premium exams, I also used the Mike Griffiths PMI-ACP Exam Prep and the Head First Agile book to study. I made some flash cards from the Griffiths book and maybe looked through those a few times, but writing things down helped me learn too. I liked the PrepCast videos, but I need to see a structure like the Griffiths book to complement it. The HeadFirst book was a nice review and more practice questions. I read the whole thing in one LONG day a few days prior to my exam. I was consistently getting 80% on the PrepCast exams and while I normally would want closer to 100%, I felt I knew the material. The hard part is knowing what the BEST answer is. Knowing the topics well and the different terms, helped me to get to the best answer. I went to a Pearson center. I answered the 120 questions in 2 hours and 5 minutes. I reviewed the 7 I had marked. On the practice exams I noticed I would usually miss some in the beginning and at the end when I got tired. I used the rest of the 3 hours to review the first 30 and last 10 questions. I did change some answers that now seemed clearer to me. I completed the review with a minute left and submitted the test and it instantly came back with the welcome news that I passed! I did not take a break. Also, no jackets or watches allowed. They did provide a calculator and a plastic sheet to write on. I really did not need it. I also used the noise cancelling headphones they provided. Masks were required. (I practiced taking tests with one on, just to make sure I could see okay.) The print on the screen was big and dark enough to read (if you are over 50 you may identify with my concern). (I was a little more worried about my eyes than knowing the content. All was good there.) Also, I did drive to the test center a week ahead to verify where it was and that safe COVID practices were being practiced.

Passed Above Target in all areas first attempt! 3 years 5 months ago #24501

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations! That's a great tip about checking out the test center in advance.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed Above Target in all areas first attempt! 3 years 4 months ago #24749

• Hawazin Al-Abbasi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing these great tips!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login