After obtaining 21 Contact Hours of Agile Education ,
I started to study for the exam in Jan 2019
1. Study PMI-ACP Exam Prep Book by Mike Griffiths- 2nd edition back and forth and make short notes
2. Subscribe PMI ACP prepcast exam simulator and did all 4 exams .First attempt results were around 60%
3. Then realize the knowledge gaps , exam style and expectation on the theoretical usage in practical scenarios
4. Study PMI-ACP Exam Prep books many times and cover-up the knowledge gap and did online free exams.
(You have to be very careful on online exams as there are fake site where it leads to wrong answers)
5. Then paid to “
” thinking that will give extra support for the exams. Unfortunately I’m not recommending Pmtrainning to anyone as it doesn’t give the required support for the exam though it’s a fine tool to gain agile knowledge in general
6. When I realize I’m kind of ready for the exam , I schedule a date.
7. So far I have prepared for the exam with all the other career and personal commitments.
8. Last 7 days before the exams , I was fully focused on the exam preparing my self to understand the areas I need to improve, reading , Exam simulators, blogs (to prepare for exam)
- Two days before the exam I have realized that I shouldn’t waste time on pmtrainning as there are many issues with the content which is very unlike to the exams questions + some content not align with the syllabus.
- I strongly recommend everyone to use pmi acp prepcast instead and also familiar with the practical issues in day to agile environment
- Practice to answer 120 questions in 3 Hrs
9. Day before the exam (Aug)
- Went through exam simulator papers + Glance through whole book .
- Had a good night sleep
- Read about exam guidelines
10. Exam Day
- Went through study short notes without stressing my self.
- Be mindful about – ID , Keep sufficient time to reach the exam center
- During the exam , I checked whether I answered questions on time.
- PMI ACP wasn’t an easy exam for me as its totally focus on the practical scenarios for the exam. For me it was harder than pmi acp prep exam simulator. >95% questions were practical scenarios.
- Though I planned to finish the exam 30 mins early, I had 10mins to check on the issues I have marked as “Mark for review” to revisit.
- I completed the exam on time thought I didn’t have enough time to revisit all my marked questions
- After completing the exam ,within 5 mins time I received the exam results sheet from the exam provider - PASS