fbpx

Reply: Head First Agile Book - has anyone read it?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Head First Agile Book - has anyone read it?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22024

IB Diouf

's Avatar

Hi,
I read the Book once cover to cover and take the full exam at the end(actually ten times).
Yes I see it's not easy to score 80% in the first 3 tests(see my spreedsheet to track my score /note that I'm a french speaker) but after reading the answers I can finally catched it.
T1 72,00%
T2 76,66%
T3 74,00%
T4 89,16%
T5 88,33%
T6 89,16%
T7 94,16%
T8 100,00%
T9 97,50%
T10 99,16%

(I use 9 resources for mock tests:Udemy, Griffiths, Whizlabs)
3 years 10 months ago #21232

Billy MacDonald

I used it and thought it was great. With the exam simulator and a bit of the prep cast I passed first time.
3 years 10 months ago #21231

Priyesh Patel

How do you rate Head First test after passing PMI ACP :) ?
5 years 8 months ago #14589

TereLyn Hepple, MS, PMP, PSM

I purchased the Head First Agile book as well, in a Kindle format, which was a mistake since the Kindle won't let me use it as a workbook the way it's designed. Still, the Head First approach was fun, engaging, and visual, the exercises were very focused on recalling facts, while the sample test questions were helpful practice for what I think will be a very scenario-based exam.
I did not complete the entire Head First Agile book. I am using the PM PrepCast and Exam Simulator, as well as the Griffiths book, where my scores on each domain are guided me to study a few domains in more depth. And I took a detour to focus on getting my PSM from scrum.org. Then, I took a break due to concentrating on work and family for a few weeks, so I am starting over my studies this summer.
5 years 10 months ago #14265

Mike

's Avatar

I’m primarily using Mike Griffiths book and am now trying to fill in the gaps in my knowledge and then move on to practice exams. I’ve been reading some of the Head First Agile book as I used their PMP one a number of years ago and thought it was excellent.

I know this book isn’t specifically written with the ACP exam in mind, but it’s clearly part of the selling point. I’ve been doing fairly well with practice questions from other books, but I’m really struggling with the ones in Head First. I know that the exam will test your understanding of Agile in a way where you’ll often have to select the best answer from a few which appear correct, but the questions in Head First seem to be written in an entirely different way from every other source... the language used seems to be ambiguous to the extreme and the way the questions are phrased seems to be to confuse the reader.

So should I be panicking? Or should I just put this book to one side and keep going with the rest, or should I start from scratch with this book and persist?

Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login