fbpx

Reply: Agile Prep-Cast together with the Simulator for new version 2018

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Agile Prep-Cast together with the Simulator for new version 2018

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12390

May Noack

Thank you Cornelius, I shall look forward to hearing about it.
6 years 4 months ago #12389

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello May,

No need to worry. The update that is coming on March 26, 2018 is going to be a relatively minor update. According to my sources this update will mostly be focused on updates to the lexicon. For example, the term 'sprint' will be phased out and replaced with 'iteration'. So our plan is to follow along and update the lexicon in the simulator as well.

However, if you visit the websites and read the marketing of some other providers you might think that the world is going to end on March 26th and that the exam is changing so much that you need to completely forget everything you ever heard about Agile and only their training will properly prepare you for the new exam. I find it quite misleading.

In about 10 days I will also be conducting a phone interview with PMI's program manager for the PMI-ACP exam in which we'll discuss exactly these topics. The interview will most likely be published later this month.

So in a nutshell: There will be a marginal update to the exam, which may require some marginal changes on our side. Nothing more.
6 years 4 months ago #12380

May Noack

Dear Team,

I have just recently bought the Agile Prep Cast and the Simulator as I had very good experience from using your PMP Prep Cast and Simulator.
I would like to know if I need to buy the Agile Prep Cast all over again as The PMI-ACP exam will change on 26 March 2018.
Or would those who have bought the Agile Prep Cast in this time gets their Prep-Cast updated according to the new change?
I do not intend to sit for the exam by 26 March 2018 and naturally would like to be learning from the latest and greatest and not an
outdated version.

Many thanks,
May

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login