fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Is PMI ACP content also changing with PMBoK 6th edition release?

Is PMI ACP content also changing with PMBoK 6th edition release? 6 years 7 months ago #11593

• Sandeep Motwani
  • Sandeep Motwani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I just completed my PMP last week and now plan to prepare for the PMI ACP exam. Is PMI ACP content also changing with PMBoK 6th edition release? How will this impact the books out there for ACP exam preparation?
Please confirm.
Thanks
Sandeep

Is PMI ACP content also changing with PMBoK 6th edition release? 6 years 7 months ago #11621

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Sandeep,

First of all, congratulations on passing your exam!

As for the PMI-ACP exam, there is no correlation between the PMBOK® Guide and the PMI-ACP exam. The PMI-ACP exam is not based on the PMBOK® Guide. Rather, it's based on the twelve books which have been selected by the PMI as the reference source to develop their PMI-ACP exam.

However, according to the information on the PMI website, The Agile Practice Guide is planned to be released on Sep 6th this year, and the exam will be updated subsequently in Q1 2018. You may want to check the PMI website for more details:
www.pmi.org/update-center/publication-exam-updates
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gail Freedman, Sandeep Motwani, Aung Sint

Is PMI ACP content also changing with PMBoK 6th edition release? 6 years 6 months ago #11682

• Sandeep Motwani
  • Sandeep Motwani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Stan!

I am a bit confused if I should appear for the ACP exam this year or should I wait till the new exam content is available and exams are updated? If you can provide any guidance that would be very helpful.

Thanks
Sandeep

Is PMI ACP content also changing with PMBoK 6th edition release? 6 years 6 months ago #11691

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Hi Sandeep,

It would be irresponsible from my side to advise you on when to take your exam. Every situation is unique. It should be your decision depending on your personal circumstances. I suggest you read through our forums and see what people say about the exam. Now you have lessons learned available from the people who already took their exam which is still based on the current exam outline. Having lessons learned from the current exam is beneficial for your preparation. After the exam changes, it's obvious that it will take some time until the number of lessons learned posted about the new exam will be the same (or similar) to the number of lessons learned posted for the current exam. So if you are not in a rush or you don't have enough time to get ready for the exam before it changes, you can wait until the exam changes. If you want to take advantage of the current lessons learned and you think you will be able to get ready for the exam before it changes, you may consider to take it now. Again, it's a highly subjective decision which only you can make for yourself.

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sandeep Motwani
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasJohn Paul BugarinSameer Menda

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login