fbpx

Reply: Should I delay my test?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Should I delay my test?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 8 months ago #11269

Stan Po - Admin

Hello Jeffrey,

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you eventually made a good use of our simulator. We will impatiently wait for your lessons learned to help the forum users in their preparations and allow us to improve our products for all our customers.
6 years 8 months ago #11268

JeffreyT

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and commenting on it. I took all of your advice to heart. For the four exams I scored 60%, 71%, 50%, and 60%. After speaking with Jonathan Hebert, he felt that I was ready and encouraged me to take the exam. I decided to go forward with it, figure that if I fail then at least I'll know how to adjust my study plan for the second sitting.

I am happy to say that I cleared the exam with 6AT and 1T. The practice exams helped a lot, it really helped me think critically about how to dissect the questions to determine the correct answers. I'll be writing my full write up very soon on the lesson learned page.

Thank you again to you all. I deeply appreciate the advice and encouragement. :)
6 years 8 months ago #11209

Sumathy Nellaiyappan

Hi Jeffrey,

I know how discouraging it is to see a failure in the mock tests especially a week before the exam! I was in the same boat last week but I passed the exam. I just posted my feedback in the forum. Please check it out. My two cents, you should give it a try and go for the exam as planned. No matter what the outcome, you will learn something from it that should help you in your next steps. But I think you will be just fine given what your results are from other mock exams that you have taken. :)

Good Luck!!

Thanks
Sumathy
6 years 8 months ago #11197

Shyamsunder Alagandula

Hi Jeffrey,

In my experience if you could finish all the four simulated PMI-ACP exams from Prep Cast and review back all wrongly answered questions that should be fine.
From the test you know
1) How to maintain the timing
2) How to read the questions and answers without skiping any thing due to over confidence.
3) Answering most of the questions in first attempt without marking it to review.

I finished all the simulated tests for PMI-ACP from prepcast in two days i.e every day two tests. I got the results between 55 % & 60 %.
I found that nearly 78% failed the PMI-ACP prepcast exam in last 30 days. you can see this statics in your prepcast account.

Yesterday only I attempted the PMI-ACP exam and cleared it with Expert level.
I found that questions in real PMI-ACP exam are bit more simple then those in PMI-ACP prepcast simulation and which is good.

If you are confident about the subject then go ahead an do it. Don't relay completly on the results of mock tests and get demotivated.

With you all the best.

Shyam
6 years 8 months ago #11181

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Hi Jeffrey,

I cannot speak to the other tests you used, since I did not use them myself. I used the written tests from Rita's book and the online PM Prepcast tests.

Here is my perspective, for what it's worth (you'll have to decide how anyone's advice applies to your particular situation): I would not sit for the exam having scored only 62% on the PM Prepcast tests.My experience is that these tests represent very well what the actual exam is like. And, even given that, the real exam was a challenge. I passed on my first try but I was scoring in the mid-80s on the tests. Your test scores from other sources seem good, but you may benefit from focusing on testing in the style presented by the PM Prepcast (I highly recommend doing multiple 4-hour tests to give yourself more opportunity to get a more realistic experience).

Were I in your position, I would delay the test for a couple of weeks and focus on taking the PM Prepcast tests and following-up each test with a deep dive into the questions you answered wrong as well as those you "guessed" on. This will raise your confidence and better position you for success.

Best of luck!

Tracy
6 years 8 months ago #11172

JeffreyT

Hi everyone,

Could get your thoughts on if I should reschedule my test. I've scored 70-80% on Mike Griffith's Exam Prep end of chapter test questions, scored 70-75% on Mike Griffith's workbook questions/exercises, scored avg 83% on the 1000 questions from PMTraining.com, scored and avg 78% on PMI-ACP Fastrack.

I thought I was ready until I took two practice exams from PM Prepcast, my avg score is 62%, needless to say I'm highly discouraged. My test is in 6 days and if I am to reschedule I'll have to do it now. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you. :(

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login