fbpx

Reply: Exam Simulator - typical score for people who've passed?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam Simulator - typical score for people who've passed?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #10999

Hugo Briceño

Gracias por el consejo...
muy instructivo.
6 years 9 months ago #10903

Stan Po - Admin

Hi Peter,

No worries, thanks for the clarification that it was you.

I have just responded to another forum post which was for the PMP, but had a very similar concern. The thing is that there is no a universal recipe for preparation. Each person is different so are the preparation methods. I can tell for myself and what worked for me.

Thanks for the clarification that you are using our simulator. Our exams are very similar to the real one, so you are on the right track. However, because we have 4 exams and you have already taken 3, I would strongly advise you to stop and "save" the last exam for your final attempt.

I will share my experience with you. At least the experience of taking the mock exams (because there are much more to the preparation besides the exams). So what I have done was: I took one exam per day which usually took me about 2.5 hours to complete and the rest of the day I was spending analyzing my results. So it took me 2 weeks for practicing the exams (I practiced on weekends only) not including 2 months of reading exam prep book, listening to the Agile PrepCast, and taking some agile face-to-face classes in the local university). After completing each simulated exam, I was reviewing not only the incorrectly answered questions but also those that I answered correctly to make sure that I selected the correct answer "intelligently" rather than by a guess. Topics of the questions that I incorrectly answered or guessed, I studied more. Then I moved to the next exam hoping that its results will be better (which indeed were). Then, I moved to the next exam, and so on, until I reached the last one, exam #4, where I scored close to 85%. When I started, my 1st exam score was around 60%.

So, analyze your results of the first 3 exams, identify the gaps, study them, and only then take the last 4th exam.

You can also take a look on this post:
www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...arned-passed-pmi-acp

And listen to this interview:
secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/a/7/2/a728dddb...e3756a1f39c99d06cd04

Both are from Jonathan Hebert, who is also working for OSP International, and has aced his PMI-ACP exam recently. I found his lessons learned extremely helpful.

Hope it helps you as well.
6 years 9 months ago #10895

Peter Huang

Hi Stan - this is Peter. I realized my last post was accidentally posted anonymously.

I've been using this website's simulator.
I actually took my second test and got about 70%...marginally improved, but still not great.
6 years 9 months ago #10872

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Stan,
I'm using this websites simulator - Prepcast
6 years 9 months ago #10870

Stan Po - Admin

Hello Peter,

What simulator are you using?
6 years 9 months ago #10859

Peter Huang

Hello all -

I'm currently preparing to take the PMI-ACP exam.
I'm concerned with my test scores though.
I've taken two and have gotten 67% and 69% respectively with a lot of "Below Proficient" ratings...

I'm wondering what other peoples' (who've passed or are currently studying) typical test scores have been?

Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login