fbpx

Reply: Using Agile Constraint Triangle

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Using Agile Constraint Triangle

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 6 months ago #29836

Sameer Menda

Hi Michael,

I hope this article will help you: Six Constraints
1 year 6 months ago #29834

Michael Shea

's Avatar

Thank you Elizabeth. Interesting there isn't a lot of detail on this; I mean, even reading articles off the internet-- most just assert that it is important, or critical to value delivery, but there isn't a lot of detail on how it functions within the trade-off's. I almost have to question if it should actually live as it's own vertex in the triangle...
1 year 6 months ago #29833

Elizabeth Harrin

I believe so. Quality could be reduced if that was acceptable, and helped achieved another aim (e.g. delivering faster, more cheaply etc).
1 year 6 months ago #29830

Michael Shea

I get that Value is the least flexible constraint in the triangle. The traditional Time-Cost-Scope is consolidated into the Constraints vertex. My question is the remaining vertex: Quality. Is the triangle saying that it is acceptable to affect Quality to preserve Value? Since Quality is its own vertex suggests it can be adjusted to preserve the other two sides. I get that it is important, but want to make sure, it is reasonable to impact quality (assuming within acceptable thresholds)?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login