TOPIC: How do I align a book i have read to the PMI talent triangle?

How do I align a book i have read to the PMI talent triangle? 1 week 1 day ago #19988

• Stephen Simpson
  • Stephen Simpson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

I am thinking of reading Essential Scrum by Kenneth Rubin to earn some PDUs for the PMP certification.

Someplace I read said that it would fit under the Strategic side of the triangle, But after looking at the PMI talent triangle sheet, I am not convinced that it is not technical.

What do you think about this specific book as to where it fits? Is there a resource of a book list with a good rating of how the PDUS are allocated? How do i confidently do this in principle?

(As an aside does anyone have a better suggestion for books on agile / scrum)

Thanks,

Stephen

How do I align a book i have read to the PMI talent triangle? 1 week 1 day ago #19992

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 20
Stephen,

***CAUTION: I am in my first CM cycle since certification, so the following could be way off base!***

The CCR Handbook is quite vague on that area. I've resorted to "educated guessing" with some notes about the book in a spreadsheet for tracking. OSP's other product, The Project Management Podcast has a free resource for tracking CM points that can be used for resources other than the Podcast itself.

When it comes to peer-reviewed articles, such as from the PM Journal, some are clearly aligned with the talent triangle better than others.

If another mod or someone with more experience than I has a better method, I really would like to hear it. I do not like the educated guess method when assigning alignment with CM points.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinEmily Rivera, PMPHarry ElstonMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on February 22/23 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...