fbpx

Reply: Material for teaching PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Material for teaching PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18333

Anonymous

's Avatar

You have mentioned that the PMP PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition will remain until 2023. You have also indicated that you will be developing new and updated content for the PrepCast that is relevant to the new content outline. The question is, if there is no new release to use as guidance, what are you going to use as a reference to update your video content? If the exam content covers People (42%) and half of the Processes will be Agile, without a new book to reference from, it will be difficult to update your content? Even, as a teacher, we wouldn't know how much to cover from the current book during session classes.

Thanks,

Process (50%)
Business Environment (8%)
4 years 7 months ago #18309

Cornelius Fichtner

@Anonymous... please read this article here to understand what the changes are that PMI is introducing to the PMP exam:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...pmp-exam-update-2019

In particular, please review the bottom of the article where we describe how we will be updating our products.
4 years 7 months ago #18302

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks for the useful information you shared with me.

As you also mentioned the PMP exam will change in the near future. is there available material based on the new version, or we have to wait until the new release of BMBOK?

Thanks,
4 years 7 months ago #18300

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Rawand,

The Project Management Institute does not provide any material that you can simply download and teach for free. Nobody does. You have the following options:

Option 1: You can develop the material yourself. However, please be aware that if your material is based on the PMBOK Guide (even if it is just loosely based on it) then you are creating what is called a "derivative product" of the Guide and you are required to obtain a license from PMI for this.

Option 2: You can license already existing materials from other training providers. Many training providers who offer classroom-based training will allow a trainer like yourself to use their already developed lesson material for a fee.

Option 3: You can do a blended training approach. In this scenario, your students would go through an already existing online course (like The PM PrepCast) and your teaching in the classroom would then become more of a coaching, guidance and answering their questions. You would need a license for the course you choose per student.

Lastly, please be aware that the PMP exam is changing in the near future. So any material you develop should be developed based on the new exam specifications.
4 years 7 months ago #18298

Rawand

's Avatar

Dear all,

I have just obtained my PMP certificate. I am planning to teach the material in at a University. Is there any teaching material to download, like power points slides, students handout, questions...etc, or I have to create everything by myself?

Thanks,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login