fbpx

Reply: PDU audit process clarification needed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PDU audit process clarification needed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 weeks ago #26927

Anonymous

's Avatar

We do not need to keep documentation for 18 months. Clarified by PMI itself. See whole chat below.

Gayas R at 22:22, Mar 30:
Hello Bikram
You at 22:22, Mar 30:
Hi Gayas, Gd mrng.I want to know about PDU's audit process for Webinars provided by PMI itself
You at 22:23, Mar 30:
Do I need to maintain documentations for earning PDU's through Webinars which are provided by PMI itself
Gayas R at 22:24, Mar 30:
Okay it's a random process once you submit the PDU's either it will approved or selected for review or audit.
Gayas R at 22:24, Mar 30:
Then you need to send us the verification document i.e. certificate of completion.
You at 22:24, Mar 30:
I see Such stuff written ALL OVER the internet. "PDU audits are random-based. In case you are selected for an audit process to verify all of your claimed PDUs, you should keep the documentation a minimum of 18 months after the 3-year cycle."
You at 22:25, Mar 30:
that we need to keep it for like 18 months.
Gayas R at 22:25, Mar 30:
No there is nothing anything like that.
You at 22:26, Mar 30:
ohh that's good to hear.
Gayas R at 22:26, Mar 30:
Once you send us the certificate of completion we will approve the claim of that PDU's just simple.
so, how can I download certificate of completing the Webinar?
i do not found any such option
Gayas R at 22:27, Mar 30:
Have you done that webinar through PMI?
You at 22:27, Mar 30:
yes
Gayas R at 22:28, Mar 30:
Then the PDU's of that automatically apply on your account within the next 14-21 days you don't need any certificate of completion of that.
You at 22:28, Mar 30:
ohh.. Ok fine. Thanks for help and clarifying the same..
Gayas R at 22:28, Mar 30:
Thank you for visiting. Please contact us at any time.
7 years 9 months ago #7647

John C.

's Avatar

Well it seems PMI.org customer care just replied to my email sent to them as well today:

"Once your PDUs have been approved, they will not be audited again. PDUs are only audited as they are submitted."

Guess I should trust it when it comes directly from the source. Will save any necessary files nevertheless. I guess you never know. However it wouldn't make sense to be randomly audited after 3 years of working hard to maintain a certification. Seems ridiculous that one would be audited at that point to be honest but time will tell.
7 years 9 months ago #7644

Michael DeCicco

I'd take it for what it says and save your records.
7 years 9 months ago #7643

John C.

's Avatar

Thank for the feedback. However when you say "manual" PDU submission, is there an alternative way of submitting PDFs that I'm not aware of? Just curious.
7 years 9 months ago #7642

Michael Sumaquial, PMP

From what I've heard from my PMI Chapter leaders, It's recommended that we keep all documentation regarding manual PDU's since there is a small possibility that PMI may audit us years after manual PDU submission.
7 years 9 months ago #7641

John C.

's Avatar

Hi all,

I have a quick question about the audit process upon submitting PDUs that show as being approved within the system. After recently revisiting the CCR Handbook I noticed the below information regarding this:

"A percentage of certification holders will be randomly selected for PMI’s audit process. If you are selected for an audit, you will be asked to submit supporting material to verify any PDUs submitted. Therefore, it is important to keep documentation for all PDU claims for at least 18 months after the CCR cycle has ended."

Does this imply that even though all PDUs might be approved at the time, that at the end of a full cycle one might STILL be audited? I was under the impression that any possible audits only occurred immediately following someone claiming PDUs during a cycle. I even chatted with a customer rep from PMI last Fall who confirmed that.

Any clarification regarding this would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Regards,

John

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login