fbpx

TOPIC: After passing the PMP...

After passing the PMP... 8 years 5 months ago #6391

• John C.
  • John C.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all

I know this sounds absolutely absurd that I'm even asking this but there seems to be some disagreement amongst a few people I personally know concerning this topic. Regarding passing the PMP Exam (which I recently did), I NEVER have to take this exam again, correct?

I'm aware that if I do not fullfill my PDU requirement within every 3-year-cycle that my certification will expire and that waiting much longer will involve me having to go through the whole process all over again, however short of that, this is not an exam I will ever need to take again for the rest of my career/life. That's my understanding. Someone please confirm. Thanks once again!

John

After passing the PMP... 8 years 5 months ago #6392

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
John,

One word: CORRECT.

You take the PMP exam ONCE. Then you earn 60 PDUs every 3 years to renew. And for as long as you keep earning PDUs and renewing you will never have to take it again.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

After passing the PMP... 8 years 5 months ago #6393

• John C.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks so very much for that assurance, and peace of mind, Cornelius!

That's what I thought, but was just making absolutely sure. Also, thank you once again for the PMP PrepCast and the PrepCast Simulator; both were invaluable to my eventual PMP success!!

John

After passing the PMP... 8 years 5 months ago #6394

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
John,

You are welcome! And if you are also looking for "PDU success", then may I (very selfishly) recommend the following:

30 Free PDUs: www.pm-podcast.com/pdu
21 Category A PDUs: www.agileprepcast.com/pdu
60 PDUs in 3 years: www.pducast.com

The only problem with all of these is that you are going to have to listen to my voice... :whistle:

Have a great week!
Until Next Time,

After passing the PMP... 8 years 5 months ago #6395

• John C.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:laugh: Thanks again, Cornelius!!

Well, being that your voice is what led to my passing the PMP exam, I think it would be a pleasure to have that same voice contribute to the continuing maintenance of my PMP credential! :)

Thank you!!

John

After passing the PMP... 8 years 4 months ago #6453

• Juergen Falkensteiner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cornelius,
that was a funny comment, but I also read that the CCR programm, collecting PDU's is changing!
How is this effecting the pducast, I am just in the evaluation phase how to earn PDUs from January onwards
Jürgen

After passing the PMP... 8 years 4 months ago #6454

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Jürgen -- the PDU Podcast has been updated to meet the latest requirements by PMI in regards to the talent triangle.

For more details about how the CCRS is changing, please listen to this interview here:
traffic.libsyn.com/pmpodcast/PM_Podcast_...ictor_carter_bey.mp3
Until Next Time,
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login