Reply: Do I need to renew PMI membership to retain myPMP?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Do I need to renew PMI membership to retain myPMP?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 months 3 days ago #18242

Scott Gillard

I just renewed mine.

I used a combination of books, giving to the community and "on the job".. I filled in with the non-premium content. One thing that helped is that projectmanagement.com lets you filter " already watched" and also filter by the 3 pillars (Technical, leadership and Stategic & Business). This made it easy to know what I needed to fill in to complete my 60. I then paid the $129 (+ $10 FEE) to PMI membership, which dropped the renewal cost to $60 for a total of $199. I assumed that you would order both the membership and the renewal at the same time. This is not true. You have to do 2 seperate purchases with PMI. Had I known this, I would have become a member sooner. However, there is PLENTY of free content without being a member to watch enough training webinars.
Why be a member then? Because now, if I finish my PDUs in the next year, I still get to renew for $60 (for 3 more years) because I will still have the PMI membership.

There are other benefits to the membership, but thought I'd throw out that tidbit about re-renewing in your first year.
4 months 1 week ago #18149

Anonymous

's Avatar

you can renew membership ONLY for one year (just before renewing your PMP certification )
So you pay 129 +60+10 =199 instead of 150
So you get one year membership for effectively 49 .
And in that ONE year you can earn lot of PDUs .
Then You keep PMI membership discontinued for two years .
SO IT IS GOOD IDEA to renew strategically once in three years.

Thanks Cornelius!
5 months 2 weeks ago #17851

MB

's Avatar

Seems not a good deal to be member indded.
My only concern is if will be easy to find different type of webinars (leadership, technical, etc...) for PDUs claiming.
9 months 1 week ago #16687

Anonymous

's Avatar

so it will cost you $387 to be a member for 3 yrs to save $90 at time of PMP cert renewal.... my math says that is a bad selling point to be a member
1 year 1 month ago #15402

Melina

's Avatar

129$ is for PMI account renewal , he mentions with 60$ about renewal PMP certificate for more 3 years after earning 60 PDUs
1 year 2 months ago #15337

John Wolverton

Yes, $129.00

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on December 21/22 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...