fbpx

Reply: How to prove that you read a book in claiming PDU?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to prove that you read a book in claiming PDU?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 3 days ago #4097

Anne Booc

Question:
How to prove that I read a book when claiming PDUs?

Answer:
The answer is simple: Keep notes.

Reading a book on project management will earn you Professional Development Units that fall into “Category C - Self Directed Learning”. In this category you can earn a maximum of 30 PDUs for every renewal cycle.

Because these PDUs are “self directed” it means that they are also “self reported” by you. PMI says that in terms of documentation you will need to provide the following in case you get audited: “Evidence supporting your reported learning project, including notes from and dates of discussions or readings.”

So at a minimum keep a piece of paper with the book that you use as a handwritten log. And each time you read another chapter simply track the date of reading and which chapters/pages you read. I usually also make a note of every important new concept that I have learned. That gives it a bit more weight and it serves as my memory aid.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login