fbpx

Reply: Can I use the PMI-ACP PDU's to maintain my PMP?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can I use the PMI-ACP PDU's to maintain my PMP?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 months ago #26148

knick_the_knight

's Avatar

I currently have a valid PMP certificate and will be appearing for ACP certification in a few weeks. I have already completed the training and my application is approved.

My question is, does the PDUs earned for ACP training automatically get reflected for your PMP extension or do I need to submit it again manually?

Since my ACP application was submitted with the PDU details, shouldnt they be automatically be reflected in my dashboard?

Please advice, as this has not happened in my case.
3 years 6 months ago #23542

Cornelius Fichtner

@Charles Finley

The answer is a resounding "Yes. You. Can!"

This is not double-dipping. Instead, this is how the system actually works: Any PM training you take after you pass the PMP (even if it is training for another PM certification) qualifies for PDUs.
3 years 6 months ago #23530

Charles Finley

's Avatar

Hello,

I have a hypothetical question I'm hoping you can help me with. Let's say I start with no certifications at all. Then, I complete my PMP exam successfully tomorrow, and following that I have to complete the PDUs to maintain it. Could I take a PMI-ACP course, apply those PDUs to the PMP PDU requirements, and ALSO use that course towards the requirements to take the PMI-ACP exam? It seems like it would apply to both, but I don't want to risk "double-dipping" if that's not allowed. Any insight would be appreciated.
3 years 7 months ago #22833

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi,

here you can find the split for the 40.5 PDUs you earned through the Agile PrepCast course.
To report them, you can submit a claim by specifying OSP International LLC as Provider, and The Agile PrepCast (Course ID: AgilePrepCast2) as Title. The other fields, including description, contact person, and PDUs, will be filled out automatically once you select the corresponding course.
Be sure to select the right course ID, by checking the PDUs claimed at the bottom of the page; in fact, another option is available which refers to the previous course providing 37 PDUs.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether you have to report these PDUs under "Course or Training" or rather under "Online or Digital Media" category.

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #22804

Anonymous

's Avatar

I have certification of 21 contact hours for PMI ACP preparation course. How shall i apply that in CCR.
4 years 3 months ago #19411

Cornelius Fichtner

John

I'm not 100% certain that I understand your question fully. This is what I think you are saying:
- You are PMP certified and your recertification is coming up on January 17th.
- You already registered 25 PDUs for your renewal. So you still need to earn 35 PDUs by Jan 17th to renew.
- You have also gone ahead and signed up to take your PMI-ACP Exam.
- You are wondering if "the act of signing up for the exam" will give you any PDUs that you can apply toward your PMP renewal.

If that understanding is correct, then the answer is no. You can only earn PDUs by doing qualifying activities. Like reading, attending a class, teaching and so on.

In other words: If you need to earn 35 PDUs between now and Jan 17th then you are going to have to spend 35 hours doing qualifying activities. There is no other way.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login