fbpx

TOPIC: As ERP Business Analyst,how many PDUs Can I claim?

As ERP Business Analyst,how many PDUs Can I claim? 10 years 3 days ago #4087

• Anne Booc
  • Anne Booc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Question:
I am working as ERP Business Analyst. This is Senior position and I am coordinating with 25 member ERP team in a Group company. We work on Oracle Apps eBusiness suite implementation/support and up gradation projects where I also take part in certain areas as a lead in the integrated module environment. I had 3 years of experience in this position after acquiring my PMP credential. I perform the role of Project Manager and I used to Lead and direct project activities. Tasks are assigned to Consultants and I used to monitor and control the activities of these consultants in adhering to standards/industry best practices. How may PDU’s can I claim for the 3 year cycle to main CCR

Answer:
Based on your descriptions I would like to think that your work as a project manager in this role qualifies for PDUs in Category F "Working as a Professional in Project Management". Under this category you can claim 5 PDUs for every year in which you have worked for at least 6 months as a project manager. Works as a "project participant" doesn't really qualify. So look at your past 3 years of work and ask yourself: "Did I work for at least 6 months every year as a project manager, who was in charge of the project to lead and direct many of the knowledge areas described in the PMBOK Guide?" If you can honestly answer "Yes", then you can claim 5 PDUs per year, or a total of 15.

But you said "I used to lead and direct project tasks". This sounds a bit like you are no longer doing this. If this is true and you only performed the role of a project manager in two out of the last three years, then you can only claim 2 x 5 = 10 PDUs for your work. The only person who truly knows the work you performed and if it qualifies as "real" PM work is you. So you must make the final analysis and decision on this.

Also don't forget that PMI has the right to audit your PDU submissions and ask for proof. If you are audited, then you will have to submit documentation to PMI that confirms that you have earned these 15 PDUs. The type of proof required for Category F PDUs is proof of employment, which includes a job or role description. If you cannot substantially document that you are indeed "Working as a Professional in Project Management" then your PDUs will be declined. So my recommendation for you is to make sure that you have adequate documentation to show that you have indeed worked as a PM.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasAnne BoocMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login