fbpx

TOPIC: What will happen when I failed in collecting PDUs?

What will happen when I failed in collecting PDUs? 10 years 3 days ago #4086

• Anne Booc
  • Anne Booc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Question:
What will happen when I fall short to collect 60 PDUs in the required time?

Answer:
It's quite simple: If you don't earn the necessary PDUs then your status as a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) will expire.

But this doesn't happen immediately. Instead, The Project Management Institute (PMI) will put you on a 12 month "Suspended Status". During these 12 months you get a chance to go and earn the necessary PDUs. But until you have earned those PDUs and until you have completed the re-certification you are also not allowed to call yourself a PMP. So you are sort of "a nobody" when it comes to your PMP status during this suspension.

If you let the 12 months pass without earning your PDUs and without completing the re-certification then your credential will expire. You can now definitely no longer call yourself a PMP because you have "lost" your certification status.

To attain the credential again, you are going to have to reapply for the credential by submitting the application again, pay the appropriate fees and then you must retake the PMP exam.

That's definitely something that you don't want to happen. So make sure that you earnPDUs regularly by subscribing either to The PM Podcast www.pm-podcast.com (Category C PDUs) or The PDU Podcast www.pducast.com (Category A PDUs).
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasAnne BoocMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login