fbpx

Reply: Q: Earn PDUs for Creating New PM Knowlegde?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Q: Earn PDUs for Creating New PM Knowlegde?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 11 months ago #3315

Anne Booc

Hello Cornelius,

This is Viji, PMP from Chennai, India. I've prepared a presentation "Top 10 things that each Project Manager should know/do". I would like to know whether there is any opportunity that I've to present it to other project management professionals.

I would need 1 hour to present this presentation. If that is not possible, is there anyway that I can upload this presentation. Will I get any PDU for preparation and submission of my work? Your assistance will be of great help.

Regards,Viji

Answer:

Viji,

Creating a presentation as you have described is a great way to share your project management experience with the rest of us and earn PDUs at the same time. This falls into PMP PDU Category D "Creating New Project Management Knowledge", which is part of the "Giving Back to the Profession" Division. Of course, just creating the presentation isn't all there is to it. You also have to actually deliver the presentation. Here are some ideas on how you can deliver the presentation:

P
  • resent it to you colleagues at work. Invite them to a lunchtime presentation and deliver your speech to them.
  • Contact your local PMI chapter and offer to be a speaker at their next dinner meeting
  • Contact the host of one of the several project management podcasts (like Mark Perry, Ron Holohan or myself) and offer to be interviewed about your presentation
  • Record the presentation as a webinar and make it available online. This requires that you have a headset/microphone and screen recording software on you
  • r c
omputer and then upload the recorded video online.

Both the time required to create the presentation and the time to present it can be claimed for PDUs. Each hour you spend is worth 1 PDU. So if it took you 5 hours to create the presentation and then you present it twice (1 hour to your colleagues and 1 hour at the dinner meeting) you will have earned 7 PDUs. Please remember that the PDUs you earn in this way count against the combined maximum of 45 PDUs that you can claim for Category D, E and F together.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login