fbpx

Reply: Q: Those PDU's have a kind of “expiry”?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Q: Those PDU's have a kind of “expiry”?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 11 months ago #3281

's Avatar

Question:
I know that I can archive 15 pdu just for listening your podcast and then (in parallel) have a log file so I can “upload” later that info in the correct website; even if I still don’t have the PMP, can these 15 PDU be used? I’m planning to present the exam the next year, based on that, if I’m able to “gather” the 60 PDU and then I wait some weeks or months, do those (PDU) have a kind of “expiry”?.

Question from Pablo Torres from Mexico City

Answer:
If you are not yet a PMP, then you do not need to earn PDUs. Only certified PMPs need to earn 60 PDUs every 3 years.

You are planning to take the PMP exam in the next year. This means that you need to show 35 Contact Hours. "Contact Hours" are defined in the PMP Handbook on page 8 at the bottom. It basically means that you must have received 35 hours of training in project management:
  • Listening to a free podcast (like The PM Podcast www.pm-podcast.com ) does NOT qualify for Contact Hours.
  • Any course that you have taken in project management counts towards your 35 Contact Hours. Contact Hours NEVER expire.
  • My PM PrepCast ( www.pm-prepcast.com ) qualifies for 35 Contact Hours. It is PMI approved.

I recommend that you study the first 20 pages of the Handbook, to better understand all the administrative info.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login