fbpx

Reply: Earn PDUs through PMI standards and guides

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Earn PDUs through PMI standards and guides

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28870

Elizabeth Harrin

Yes, you can receive PDUs for reading relevant materials. Go into the CCRS and self-declare what you have done, the same way you would any other PDU that is 'earned' independently e.g. doing your job, volunteer hours etc.
2 years 3 months ago #28859

Anonymous

's Avatar

I read the agile practice guide and PMBOK 6 before I took the test and passed June 5 2021. Am I reading this correctly that i can get PDU's for both guides.
And how do i enter that to receive the PDU's.
Thank you.
3 years 2 months ago #26157

Cornelius Fichtner

@Shriram

Yes indeed! Reading PMI standards does count for PDUs.

You asked in particular about whether the Agile Practice Guide can count toward technical PDUs. The answer is yes. But... the guide also has some sections on leadership and also some on business and strategy. Here, it is up to you to estimate how much of your time was actually spent learning technical, leadership or strategic topics and submit them accordingly.
3 years 2 months ago #26155

Shriram T Puranik

's Avatar

Bruno Sena Maia wrote: Hi,

I looked through the search and couldn't find something related, if there is a related topic about this question, I would appreciate if anyone could share the link of a previous discussion here.

PMI has tons of guides and standards, for example for WBS, Scheduling, Project Estimating and others. I imagine it is considered an obligation to read the PMBOK as I read, but the Agile Practice for example I didn't read, I just saw the PMP Prepcast videos about the subject.

So if I read the Agile Practice guide, or any other guide/standard can it be counted as a Technical PDU?

Thank you!

3 years 2 months ago #25933

Bruno Sena Maia

Thank you very much Cornelius, for both, this answer and the extraordinary work you put on this PrepCast as a whole!
3 years 2 months ago #25930

Cornelius Fichtner

Yes indeed! That's exactly what I did.

I read The Agile Practice Guide in 2019, stretching it out over the course of about 4 days. (I wanted to give myself time to "internalize" what I was reading.) Each day, I would write down a couple of sentences about what I read and learned. And when I was done, I submitted my hours together with the text I had written up.

But I not only claimed PDUs in technical. I felt that some sections were leadership and some were strategic. So I did submit 1 hour for each.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login