fbpx
NEVER post copyrighted questions. Always state where questions come from. We take copyright violations very serious. Any copyrighted materials will be removed and the posters account will be deactivated.

TOPIC: Free PMP Exam Sample Question of the Week

Free PMP Exam Sample Question of the Week 7 years 5 months ago #8855

• Mary Kathrine Padua
  • Mary Kathrine Padua's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 122

Hello everyone! Here is this week's free PMP exam sample question from the PM Exam Simulator.

During which phase of the project would you suggest an integrated change control process?

A. Throughout the project
B. Initiation
C. Closure
D. Intermediate

HINT: The Perform Integrated Change Control process belongs to the Monitoring and Controlling process group.

All our questions are updated to the latest PMBOK® Guide standard. Stop by at www.pm-prepcast.com/freesimulator and try the PMP Exam Simulator free for 3 days. We also offer 110 free questions at www.free-pm-exam-questions.com . We are a PMI Registered Education Provider.

Answer and Explanation:
The correct answer is A.

This process is performed throughout the project, from initiation through closure.

Free PMP Exam Sample Question of the Week 7 years 4 months ago #8989

• Tomasz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I agree - A. is the correct answer. But justification is different in my opinion. The question asks about phase of the project, not the process group.

My justification: every process group is present in every phase of the project. This is why Integrated Change Control is present in each phase of the project. Integrated Change Control is present in Monitoring and Controlling process group and not in others.

Best,
Tomasz

Free PMP Exam Sample Question of the Week 7 years 4 months ago #8995

• John Louis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I disagree with your answer. Integrated Change Control is intended to monitor the progress of Execution "according to plan". If there is no "approved" PM Plan (called the Baseline), there is nothing to measure against and hence cannot easily monitor and control.
The right answer should be "Throughout the entire process of Project Execution", not "Initiation".
Also, please understand Initiation is only for the high level Project Charter for the Sponsor to sign off in the shortest time available, because of uncommitted funding at that point.
The PM Plan, during Planning is based on good facilitation skills by the Project Manager, to engage Stakeholders to get all the requirements and develop the Baseline for Scope, Time and Cost (hence the Triple Constraint). Without this, there is nothing to measure against and to control upon.

Free PMP Exam Sample Question of the Week 7 years 4 months ago #8996

• Abbo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I do agree with Tomasz. If the question were "....in wich process group..." the answer would be in M&C. The key word in thé question is "phase"
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinJean KwandaElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login