fbpx
NEVER post copyrighted questions. Always state where questions come from. We take copyright violations very serious. Any copyrighted materials will be removed and the posters account will be deactivated.

TOPIC: Question on post mortem analysis

Question on post mortem analysis 7 years 6 months ago #8634

• Sirisha Govindarajula
  • Sirisha Govindarajula's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Joe is currently performing a project post mortem. EVM shows SPI of 0.67 and CPI of 1. What does this mean to Joe ?

a. Joe's project was completed successfully. When the project ended, it was behind schedule and on budget.
b. Joe's project was completed unsuccessfully. When the project ended, it was behind schedule and on budget.
c. Joe's project was terminated before completion. When the project was terminated, it was on schedule and on budge.
d. Joe's project was terminated before completion.

This question is taken from the book -- 1000 PMP challenge questions by Mohit Arora. I am not able to understand how from the given information we could conclude that the project was terminated before completion. When is a project post mortem done, BEFORE the end of the project or AFTER the end of the project ? Thanks to help.

Question on post mortem analysis 7 years 5 months ago #8781

• Dario Perez Vega
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A

Question on post mortem analysis 7 years 5 months ago #8796

• Dana M. Anderson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm believing a post mortem is performed after a project is killed.
Based on the information, the project is behind schedule; therefore it could not have been completed.
While it is behind schedule and on budget, in my mind, the best answer is D.
I'm interested in hearing from a Moderator.

Question on post mortem analysis 7 years 5 months ago #8797

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Based on the SPI and CPI values given the project was behind schedule and on budget at the time of the post mortem.

So, it cannot be C because it says the project was on schedule and on budget which is wrong based on the given SPI and CPI.
I don't think it can be either A or B because we are given no information that would tell us if the project was successful or unsuccessful in terms of actually delivering on the project objectives. One could think it was B since the project was behind schedule and therefore unsuccessful. However, there are projects that complete sooner than the planned schedule that are successful.
To me, that leaves D as the logical choice.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dana M. Anderson
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinJean KwandaElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login