fbpx

Reply: When change requested Impact analysis or raise CR?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : When change requested Impact analysis or raise CR?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 11 months ago #10398

Sameh Elgendy

Mohamad Elsadek wrote: Hi,
How can you analize the impact of change request if it was verbal?

you can't. you have to ask the one who requested the change to submit it officially but if this isn't a choice given.you have to review the project management plan as it includes the change management plan and the communication plan that in order to determine the correct procedure to handle this request
but what if someone from the team asks for a change request ? what the project manager will do?
also, does the team members allowed for submitting change requests and what they can do to make their voice heard ?
6 years 11 months ago #10205

Mohamad Elsadek

's Avatar

Hi,
How can you analize the impact of change request if it was verbal?
8 years 9 months ago #5726

Praveen Chandra

I would go with A in first question. But in 2nd question, as Ahmed mentioned, ideally it should be to analyze the impact of the change request first and then document (in my opinion, please correct me. I am preparing for the exam right now :))
But as triple constraint is an old concept now, we should probably choose the best possible answer as D.
8 years 9 months ago #5722

Ahmed Amin

Hello Rachel,
I am confused why you assumed the answers are completely opposite. I urge you to check my reply again.

for the first question I said " the question clearly stated that the assessment of the CR has been completed. so clearly the next step is to issue the CR and send it for approval." which maps to option A as proposed by the question author.

As for the second question I said "The CR was just raised verbally so the next step is to assess the impact of the CR and then document the CR and send it for approval" this narrows the selection to both B and D as good choices, but remember you always have to choose the best option. my only problem with option B is it referring to project constraints as triple constraints (seems the questions are based on older version of the PMBOK as in newer version there are six competing project constraints Scope,Quality, Schedule, Budget, Resources, and Risks) so this leaves us with option D as the best (I would have chosen B if it didn't specify triple constraints)

It would be great if we can have different point of views and opinions from other members, what would you chose as a correct answer ?
8 years 9 months ago #5721

Rachel

's Avatar

So i checked the answers in simplilearn and it was completely opposite. For the first question it was A and second one it was D. Hope it was wrong in the website.
8 years 9 months ago #5710

Ahmed Amin

Hello Rachel,
when a change is requested, the PM should follow the procedures to analyze the impact of the Change on the project constraints then document the CR and then the CR should be either approved or rejected by the concerned person or group (project sponsor, CCB,...)

In the first question you shared, the question clearly stated that the assessment of the CR has been completed. so clearly the next step is to issue the CR and send it for approval.

In the second question, the CR was just raised verbally so the next step is to assess the impact of the CR and then document the CR and send it for approval.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login