fbpx

Reply: Assistance on a Question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Assistance on a Question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 5 months ago #4691

Ahmed Amin

Hi Rahul

please share the source of your last question to give credit to the question creator.

Regarding the question, CPI of 0.8 and an SPI of 1.25 means the project is over budget and ahead of schedule. and I agree with you if a project is completed, SPI would be 1 as all planned values would have been delivered. according to the question the analysis is done after the scheduled finish date and yet SPI is 1.25 this can only happen if the project is not running and was terminated early. tricky question though.
9 years 5 months ago #4687

Rahul Kakkar

Ok my bad, I assume Qualified Sellers List to imply Pre-Qualified Sellers List as he was looking to save time. I have to stop making assumptions :). Thanks for clearing my doubts Ahmed! It’s been very helpful to point out some of my typical mistakes to avoid them for the exam.

Q. Post-mortem analysis after scheduled finish date of a project shows a CPI of 0.8 and an SPI of 1.25. What is a plausible explanation for that?

A The project was terminated early. At that time, it was over budget and ahead of schedule.

B The project has produced additional deliverables which were originally not required.

C The project has evidently been finished under budget and behind of schedule.

D The project has evidently been finished over budget and ahead of schedule.

I marked D, the answer is A. Any idea how these numbers could indicate if a project was terminated early instead of being finished? Is it because when the project would be finished the SPI will always be 1.00?
9 years 5 months ago #4680

Ahmed Amin

The question clearly stated that you are in the process of contacting sellers to obtain bids and proposals, such activity is carried out during "Conduct Procurement" process. Qualified sellers list is an output of the plan procurement activity which takes place before conduct procuremnt so at the time you are contacting the sellers, you should already have the qualified sellers list.

Bidder conferences is the perfect answer. as by definition Bidder conferences are meetings between the buyer and all prospective sellers prior to submittal of a bid or proposal. They are used to ensure that all prospective sellers have a clear and common understanding of the procurement requirements
9 years 5 months ago #4677

Rahul Kakkar

Source: Oliver F. Lehmann, 175 Questions

Q. You are in the process of contacting sellers to obtain bids and proposals. You found out that it might become a time-consuming procedure to ensure that the sellers get a clear and common understanding of the procurement process and of the needs of your project. Which technique may help you save time?
o Bidder conferences
o Advertising
o Qualified sellers list
o Four-eyes meetings

How is the answer "Bidder Conferences" and not "Qualified Sellers List" as the question clearly states the part that it would be a time-consuming procedure and the PM is looking to saves time.
9 years 5 months ago #4670

Rahul Kakkar

OK. Didn't know it was safe to make that assumption. Thanks!
9 years 5 months ago #4668

Ahmed Amin

Hi Rahul,
I understand your comment and it might be to some extent reasonable.
however, the question stated clearly that you don't have enough money in the budget to purchase the software license, this could imply you don't have budget to add the extra resources as well. as you know crashing always results in extra costs.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login