fbpx

Reply: Passed the CAPM exam on May 15th, 2018 -- Lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the CAPM exam on May 15th, 2018 -- Lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21017

Linda De Boer

G'day Elizabeth,
Thank you very much. I am also grateful to Rochelle for poking me so that I realized I never actually posted this. ;-)
3 years 10 months ago #21011

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations!
3 years 10 months ago #20990

Linda De Boer

PMPrepCast :
==========
I certified on the PMBOK Fifth Edition and I had been through two other courses before finding the PMPrepCast. I was in the middle of another program and I was down to just a few months before they switched to the PMBOK 6 for exams. I won a voucher for the training, as a door prize at a PMI event. I took a chance and dropped my previous program, started the PMPrepCast for CAPM and found that it was right on the mark. I cannot say enough about how accurate and helpful it was in passing the exam. It selecting any future training sources, very easy.

Preparing for the exam:
====================
- The item that I am definitely putting at the top here is “take breaks”, this is not wasted time. I set a timer for 30 mins and then took a 10 minute walk around the house, thinking about what I had just studied and then I would mull over anything I learned before that. Let it really sink in before you pile more on top. I found this to be extremely helpful.

- I recreated the charts for the “Process Management Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping” and the ITTO's. Reducing the amount of word wrap in the cells helped me remember information better. That said, understanding why each process

- Planning how many chapters or subjects I wanted to study per week and scheduling it, definitely helped. It does not have to be so detailed that it holds you back, just give yourself some “daily” flexibility since life happens.

- I put a flashcard application on my phone that lets you create flashcards using the desktop and export them to the Android version of the application. I created cards for the ITTOs and anything else that I wanted to review and then was able to study while waiting for an appointment, or any other “spare time” that came up.

Scheduling the exam:
================
- Make sure that you know the route to the test center well. I went to the center personally a week before, just to determine an accurate travel time, then added a buffer onto my arrival so that I had time to relax before the exam. I found that being relaxed beforehand, helped me to concentrate on reading the questions thoroughly, and that is very important in this exam.

Taking the Exam:
=============
- Again, arrive early, think calm and positive. You have got this, you have studied your heart out, this is your day.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login