fbpx

Reply: Online Proctored Exam- Beware

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Online Proctored Exam- Beware

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 6 months ago #18538

Richard McGrath

Thanks for the warning. Hope it worked out where you wont have to pay again. When I saw the conditions for the online proctored exam I decided I won't bother with that
4 years 7 months ago #18390

Christopher Brookes

Today I took the CAPM exam online from home using my laptop. After having a few initial problems with the check-in process I needed to restart my computer and try again, this meant needing to use the full 30 minutes prior to the exam start time.

I was surprised when the online adjudicator told me that I wasn’t allowed a pen or paper for the exam to make notes or do calculations by hand, I could only use the exam software on the computer screen to make notes or the built in calculator to do calculations.
I was about 60 questions into the exam when I needed to do a calculation, so I opened the calculator, this prompted an anti-virus software on my computer to unexpectedly open and alert me of an apparent threat. I knew that all other applications need to be closed on the computer, so I tried to close the anti-virus as quickly as possible and carry on. However, the exam software (Pearson Vue) detected it and ended my exam there and then without being able to finish it.

I contacted the adjudicator to ask if I could resume the exam and he said it wasn’t possible and he would open a case number for me and I will receive information in the next 3 days.

It’s safe to say I’m pretty gutted and I sure hope I don’t need to pay to take the exam again, I’m also going on vacation this week and was really hoping to have the exam out of the way before I travel.

Advice to anyone taking the exam from home: uninstall all anti-virus software completely or it can unexpectedly pop up in the middle of your exam and then your exam will finish.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login