fbpx

Reply: Passed my CAPM exam on my first attempt - November 28, 2020

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my CAPM exam on my first attempt - November 28, 2020

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24770

Linda De Boer

G'day Prsni,
Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your experience to help others. :)
3 years 4 months ago #24764

Prsni Patel

Hi everyone,

I passed my CAPM exam today on my first attempt with an Above Target in all areas! Yay! :)

Just wanted to share my experience -
I have been a Physical Therapist by profession for the last 10 years and decided to switch career paths in July, with really not a lot of experience or knowledge about PM.
I signed up for the CAPM PrepCast in August and after taking the self assessment exam (which I did HORRIBLY in!), I spent two months (roughly 2 hours a day) going through the PMBOK guide in conjunction with the video lessons.
I then spent 3 weeks studying 'CAPM Exam Prep' by Rita Mulchahy in detail; taking the practice tests at the end of each chapter as I went along.
I then retook the self-assessment exam from the PrepCast - and scored a 73% post studying.
Next, I made my own ITTO excel sheet, and tried to color code the recurring trends or outliers. After understanding all the concepts, I DID take 10 days (1 day for each knowledge area) to commit the ITTOs to memory. This helped me go through a lot of the questions in the exam with extreme ease.
Finally, I spent 3-4 weeks just taking the exams and quizzes from the CAPM Exam Simulator - all 650 of them! The most beneficial thing here was to read the descriptions of all the answer choices once the exam was done - not just the ones I got wrong - and also taking quizzes from the pool of questions that I answered wrong the first time. It really helps to cement the concepts that may be creating confusion. On average, I scored between 85% - 95% on the exams.
Lastly, in the last few days before the exam, I reviewed my concepts by re-reading the appendices - key concepts, agile considerations, and definitions.
Like others have said before, please make sure you review Agile well!

Good luck everyone! :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login